Prolouge

Hey y'all. :D I just want to start off by saying thank you for all the support with my fan fictions! It really means a lot... :* I will be updating a lot more frequently now since I have inspiration! Yayyyy! I'm writing this on my phone while I'm in the tub so sorry for any errors, I'll edit them when I don't feel too lazy to get on my laptop. Lol. XD
Also this is sorta like a flashback to the night that Zayn asked Liam to do polygamy.

Enjoy this prologue!!!

-Faith xxx

The two men were sitting in a fancy restaurant, it was the type of restaurant you see in those romantic films where the successful CEO is trying to impress the girl. It was something foreign for both of them; Zayn and Liam weren't very wealthy people. So when Zayn pulled up in the parking lot of this place Liam thought it was a joke, but then Zayn assured him it wasn't, which in fact made Liam's jaw drop to the floorboard of the car.

When they walked into the front doors of the restaurant and saw all the people dressed in dresses, and tuxedos, Liam immediately realized he was underdressed. Even the waiters and waitresses had something more formal on. Zayn reassured him that it was okay, he looked great, but Liam just shook his head and clutched Zayn's hand tightly.

Zayn asked for the table in the back so they would have more privacy, he knew Liam never really liked being the center of attention, unless it was his own attention of corse. His hand was holding Liam's across the table, thumb caressing the top of it as he gazed lovingly into his brown eyes.

This caused Liam to look away insecurely a faint blush on his stubbly cheeks, his teeth gnawing away at his lips. The man looked at Zayn out of the corner of his eye and smiled sheepishly, "I love you," he whispered quietly and leaned forward pressing a kiss to Zayn's cheek.

Zayn smiled warmly and squeezed Liam's hand reassuringly. He noticed they were shaking badly, as they always do. Liam's never been the same since the accident. Zayn grabbed Liam's other hand and looked him in the eye, "I love you too Liam, and I always will." A soft sigh escaped Zayn's lips as he took a sip of his champagne the waiter had brought while the two men were lost in each others eyes, "You are so beautiful," he spoke in a loving tone, his eye sparkling as he looked at his husband of eleven years.

"And you're a liar," spoke Liam who's cheeks were stained a nice pink color (they were always like that when Zayn was around). He brought his glass to his lips carefully, the champagne almost spilling out from how badly his hands were shaking, "How'd you afford this Zee? It's...amazing. I don't deserve this."

Zayn simply shook his head and placed his chin in the palm of his head, "Well, I got a raise at work and I figured I'd spoil my wonderful husband, which I don't do often enough," he paused for a moment and closed his eyes, "I also need to talk to you about some things.."

A worried expression formed on Liam's face as he dabbed his mouth with the cloth that the silver wear was wrapped up in, "Is everything alright? Did I do something wrong?" He asked as he set his napkin down in his lap, pulling on his fingers anxiously.

"No! You haven't done nothing wrong! What I want to talk to you about is a good thing," Zayn reassured.

Liam's shoulders relaxed and relief washed over his face, "Thank goodness, now..what is it?" He smiled softly and leaned forward in his seat a bit.

Zayn bit his lip, "Well I think it's time we expand our family a bit..you know?"

Liam's eyes lit up and he smiled brightly, "Are you saying you're ready to adopt?! I have been looking on line for eligible kids that are ready to be adopted actually and I'm so hap-"

"That's not what I mean Liam..." Zayn cut him off and averted his eyes from Liam's.

"Oh," he said in a defeated tone, "Then do you mean you want to get a pet?" Liam whispered as he pushed around his food on the plate.

"No, not a pet either," Zayn swallowed and rubbed his sweaty palms together, "I never told you this, but my family is Polygamous."

Liam quirked his eyebrow and tilted his head to the side, "Babe..are you insinuating that you want to practice this?" He barely whispered as his brown eyes softened, a frown forming on his face. The man ran his shaking fingers through his hair and he sighed when Zayn nodded, "But..why? Like..I thought you were happy with me? Am I not enough anymore?"

Zayn's eyes widened and he shook his head, reaching for Liam's hands, holding them tightly, "No baby, you are perfect. We are perfect." He said kissing the tops of his hands, that were still shaking, even with Zayn's tight hold on them.

Liam was so hurt and confused, he didn't quite understand this. Ever since the losses they suffered not too long ago Liam has become so sensitive and insecure. He'd always been like that, but he was just more vulnerable to things now. The man knew Zayn was way out of his league and he saw the way people looked at them, he knew Zayn could do so much better, "Then why Zayn? W-Why?" He stuttered.

"I just think it's my calling, it's something that's been bugging me for a while and I want to do this," he spoke calmly, his eyes not once leaving Liam's.

"Would this...would this make you happy?"

"Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with you..I just believe that love is something that should be shared, not divided between two people," Zayn played with the ring on Liam's finger and smiled gently.

"Okay Zayn, I guess if this is what you want then it's alright," Liam said hesitantly as he smiled shyly at Zayn.

He'd do anything to make him happy. But would Zayn do the same?

3+ comments