Chapter Six

Hi, I'm back and very happy to be back! Anyways lets just get on with the story!

-Faith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Zayn woke up, he had Louis entangled on his torso. He looked down at him and smiled fondly, pressing his lips to his forehead. He looked around the room and was puzzled, because this was his and Liam's room, not his and Louis.

Zayn slowly unwrapped Louis arms from his waist, and slipped out of bed. Being extra careful not to wake the younger man. He rubbed his eyes as he stumbled around the room, hungover from last night.

As he walked into the living room he saw Liam sleeping on the couch, dried tear stains on his cheeks. A frowned formed on his lips and he kneeled down in front of him, brushing the hair off his forehead. Zayn didn't know how he acted last night, but he knew he was a jerk that morning so he must've really hurt Liam.

"Liam," he whispered softly and caressed his cheek with the tips of his fingers. Zayn bit his lip when the man sleeping on the couch begin to stir, mumbling in coherent things. He smiled softly when his husband opened his eyes, looking up at him tiredly, "Why are you on the couch?"

Liam sat up a bit, and bit his lip looking away from Zayn, "You brought Louis over and kicked me out of the room..." He looked over at Zayn and frowned when the man had a guilty look on his face, "But it's okay! Uh...the couch was nice!" He reached fit Zayns' hand with his shaking one and smiled wide.

Zayn sighed deeply and got on the couch, only instead of sitting beside Liam he sat in his lap, "You're too good to me," he kissed the corner of his mouth and wrapped his arms around Liam's neck.

The mans heart started beating faster in his chest, and skin erupted with goosebumps, "I just want you to be happy," Liam whispered and placed his hands on Zayns slim waist, "I live to see you smile."

Zayn rested his forehead against Liam's and looked down at his hands noticing the watch on his wrist, "Where'd you get this Li?" He asked touching the piece of fine jewelry delicately.

"Niall got it for me..it was for my birthday," he whispered and watched as Zayn tampered with the gold watch.

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows together and looked in Liam's eyes, "Birthday? Wait..did I.? Shit." He cursed and pulled away from Liam. He picked up Liam's phone from the coffee table and looked at the date, seeing it was a day past his husbands birthday. He looked back up at Liam guiltily and closed his eyes, "I'm so sorry Liam..I treat you so awful and...I can't believe I forgot.."

Liam shrugged, "It's fine Zee, like it hurt my feelings, I'm not gonna lie. You have a lot on your mind though so I understand." He ran his hands up and down Zayns sides and bit his lip, "What you said yesterday...did you mean it Zee? If you did..I can you know, fix whatever it is you don't like about me."

Biting his lip he looked at Liam, "I was being a dick, nothing's wrong, you're perfect," spoke Zayn in a sweet tone as he caresses the back of Liam's neck. He smiled when the man blushed a deep shade of red and looked away shyly. This reminded Zayn that Liam was still the same person he was when he was younger, just physically different.

"Thanks Zayn..I'm not better than you though y-" he was cut off by Louis walking out of the bedroom, dressed in one of Zayns button down shirts. He walked slowly into the living room, rubbing his eyes, with a pout on his flawless face.

"Zayn, why'd you leave me? I don't like waking up alone.." He spoke in a groggy voice, making his blue eyes look innocent and big. Louis smiled when Zayn hopped off Liam and walked over to him, sweeping him up in his arms, causing a giggle to erupt from his lips.

Liam watched with an uncomfortable look in his eyes. He didn't like how Louis rubbed Zayn loving him more right in his face, but he kept quiet, to be polite. Liam didn't want to stoop to Louis level and intentionally try to hurt people, "Do you guys need a moment ? Seems like you two had just enough time together last night..." Liam mumbled under his breath.

Louis shot Liam a glare and hopped out of Zayns arms and over to the man on the couch, he got in his face and smirked, "You're just jealous that your husband would rather fuck me. Don't you think if he wanted to start a family with you that he would agree to adopt already?" He spat in Liam's face and turned away walking back in the room to gather his belongings.

Stunned, Liam sat quietly, staring out into space. He looked over at Zayn who was anxiously biting his lip and smiled sadly, "You could just tell me you know? It ..I'll understand.." He stood up and walked over to Zayn clasping his hands onto his broad shoulders, "Are you going to stay with me today..or?"

"Yeah, I'll stay with you..Louis has class so.." He looked down awkwardly and shrugged Liam's hands off his shoulders, "We can do something fun if you'd like...maybe get a pet or go to a bar?"

"Sounds perfect."
~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~..~~.~.~.~.~.~.

When Louis left, Liam walked into the room and cringed at the smell of sex. It would be different if he and Zayn created that smell, not Louis and Zayn. He bit his lip and looked at the crumpled up sheets and covers, sighing heavily he sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Zayn to walk in.

"Hey Li, I decided we can just stay here and do whatever you want.." He smiled as he entered the room and walked over to Liam, sliding in between his legs. Zayn pressed his hands against Liam's chest, "We can shower if you want.."

Liam licked his lips and wrapped his arms around Zayn's waist pulling him closer, "If you really don't want to, then you don't...but I'd love to," he blushed and pressed a kiss to Zayn's clothed stomach.

He moved his hands up to Liam's hair and played with the ends, "On second thought...why don't we go get those tattoos you wanted? I think that would be a great birthday present huh?"

Liam buried his face into Zayn's chest and breathed in his cigarette scent, "Honestly, I just want to stay here with you and the shower idea is perfect.." He looked up at him through his lashes and chuckled.

Zayn sighed heavily and tore away from Liam, "Do you not understand I only said that to be nice? Christ Liam. .I just don't want to see you naked right now, and I thought the tattoo idea would be better, but I don't even really want to do that," he pulled his black hair and looked at Liam with an annoyed look, "Tattoos are permanent and I don't want anything of you inked on my skin forever."

Liam's heart clenched in his chest and he nodded, "Oh, okay Zayn. That's fine..we don't have to do any of that...we can uh.." He looked at his lap and blinked a few times, "Just don't leave please..I'm tired of being alone."

Zayn folded his arms across his chest and replied, "I won't leave Li, you're just..getting on my nerves.." He sat beside his husband and dropped his head.

"What happened to us Li?" Asked Zayn as he looked over at Liam.

"I wish I knew Zee..I wish I knew."

Sorry it's late and not edited! But here it is! Hope you all like it!!

10+ comments