Chapter 47

Hekate stepped out of her portal, and into Hades' private study. She looked at her broken king with deep love and sympathy. "Aidoneus," she called gently, her soothing voice made Hades looked up to her heavenly face. 

"Help me, Hekate," he said desperately, his rough voice shook. His eyes were blood-shot, with dark circles underneath. His usually-neat dark waves of hair were crazed from being pulled on a lot. Hekate walked over to him, and pulled him closer to her. Hades immediately wrapped his arms around her waist, and buried his face in her belly, her peplos wet from his tears.

"Hush, Little One," Hekate whispered, stroking the dark tangled mess on his head gently.

"Help me, Hekate," Hades repeated, his tight grip on the hips of his mentor bruising. 

"How can I help you, Little One?" the goddess asked softly, enveloping her king in a protective embrace. 

"Cease the voices, cease the feelings. Cease everything," his voice becoming more desperate, his grip on Hekate turned punishing. Unflinching, Hekate continued to stroke his hair. 

"I can't do that, Little One. What you and Persephone have is beyond any magic. No one could turn Ananke's gift from you," she said calmly, almost purring. Hades tore his face away from her, he looked haunted.

"I need to move forward. But how can I if I keep on hearing her sweet sounds ringing in my head everytime he fucks her?! Tell me, Hekate, how do I move forward when I can feel her pulse quickens for him in my every pulse, her heart beats for him in my heartbeats?! Every fucking want, every fucking need for him crawls underneath my skin. I need them to stop, Hekate!" Hades barked, anguish and despair dripped in his voice and from his eyes.

Hekate cupped his tormented face with her hands, brushing away stray tendrils of dark waves from his pale face. "Are you certain, Aidoneus, that everything that she felt is for him?" she asked, Hades closed his tired eyes. 

When he opened his eyes, they looked even more tired than before. He let out a heavy sigh. "Please, Hekate. No good will come for Chthonia to have an impotent king on the throne," he pleaded, his broken voice barely audible.