Chapter 10

Persephone sat on her bed, deep in thought

Persephone sat on her bed, deep in thought. What did just happen? she thought as she replayed what had happen between her and Hades earlier in her mind.

She was supposed to be the maiden – Kore, her mother had always call her. She knew that at times she can be a little naïve about things, but she knew for certain that this strong feeling she has in her is love. She understood that Apollo and Hermes pursued her but she had never paid them much attention; she was indifferent towards them. Unlike she is with Hades. She can't seem to get away from him. Every fibre of her being pulls her towards him.

"Our souls found each other..." Hades' voice in her head. She glowed incandescently.

* * *

"Ah, His Royal Gloominess has arrived," Poseidon jested; Hades rolled his eyes.

"Try to enjoy yourself, Hades," Hera had said softly. He wanted to give her a snarky reply but stopped at the look of her expression. "I'm sure you will have a good time tonight," she continued.

Does Hera know? Hades thought to himself.

Closer to the entrance of the Great Hall, there was a commotion. "Oh, my Rhea!" someone exclaimed, and the sound of several feet scrambling. Hades looked up and saw Apollo and Hermes rushed forwards to the entrance.

Hades' jaw dropped; Persephone was a vision of heaven. She wore a rose pink chiton, held with crystal roses pinned over one shoulder. Her alluring tiny waist was accentuated with a silk ribbon, braided with vines and tiny white flowers, finished into a charming bow on her lower back. The skirts of her chiton was flowy and sheer. Her hair loosely braided and knotted into a rose chignon, showing off her bare back. She looked ethereal.

"Let me just close this up for you, brother," Poseidon said, with an index finger pushing up Hades' chin; Hades scowled.

"Ha! Who would have thought the hard-hearted King of the Underworld is soften by a little flower goddess," thundered Zeus, laughing merrily. Hades glowered at him. "She's more than a little flower goddess. Only a fool can't see that," he said quietly, his voice dangerous.