Chapter 1

The world is still relatively young. The age of the mortals has not yet begun. The cosmos' residents are primordial deities, came into being from the coupling of Khaos and Void, and the descendants from the unions of the Protogenoi. The first to rule this world is Ouranos, primordial God of the Sky. The impressive god ruled the world with his beautiful sister-wife, Gaia. Ouranos would come to his wife every night and blanketed her with a sky of starry night. From them came twelve Titans, three Hekatonkheires and three Cyclopes.

Mother Earth cried. Her babies, the Hekatonkheires and the Cyclopes are locked away deep under the earth, in Tartarus. As earth was her domain, she could feel every beat on the ground as though it was her own heartbeat. She can feel her children's pain; she can feel their sorrow. She wept with and for her children. She is the Goddess of Earth. Nobody dispose her children, not even her King and Husband.

"My lord husband!" cried out Gaia as she burst into the Throne Room. Ouranos let out an exasperated sigh. He knew what was coming. "Why?!" she shrieked. Father Sky loves his queen deeply but her constant badgering about locking up their monstrous offspring in Tartarus is starting to infuriate him greatly.

"Answer me, Husband!"

"My love, they are cruel creatures. They needed to be locked up for me to control them," he replied nonchalantly. He grabbed his wife's hands and pulled her closer to him.

Ouranos has no paternal instinct. He loves and lusted after his beautiful wife. He considered making love to her is beyond pleasurable, sacred even. But as much as he thoroughly enjoys the process of producing their offspring together with his wife, he loathes the 'end result' with equal measure. He imprisoned their children – the Hekatonkheires, vicious giants with fifty heads and one hundred arms, in Tartarus because they are vile in nature as they are revolting to behold. He then proceeded to imprisoned their next children, the Cyclopes, as he thought it was an easier way for him to control such mighty beings. The Titans are left free in the world as they were not hideous and look the same as their divine parents.

Gaia, worn out and irritated with Ouranos' charms, slapped the Protogenos across his face. "You will regret this," she hissed. She stormed out of the Throne Room in an outrage. "Women," Ouranos scoffed.

As she exited the Throne Room, Gaia has already hatched a plan for revenge. The enraged Mother Earth has already fashioned a harpē from adamantine. She calls upon all of her remaining male offspring, six of the Titans, and beseeches each of them to rise up against their father. Fearful of their father's mighty wrath, each of them refused – except for the youngest Titan son, Kronos.

At dinner, Gaia seduced her husband. She brushed her foot to her husband's calf. "One could only presume that the earth's fury has simmer down?" Ouranos asked, testing his wife's temper. She smiled coyly while lightly touching the back of her husband's fingers. The God of Sky has never been able to withstand his wife's advances, but this time he tried with all his might to stand his ground. "One does hope that the earth's ferocious quake does not cause any irreparable damage," he pressed.

"But I thought my tremors give you immense gratification, my powerful king," Gaia whispered softly into her husband's ear, then nipped at an earlobe. A low growl rumbled in Ouranos' throat. Gaia reached down and started to tread her fingers lightly on his inner thigh. His breath hitched as he could feel his wife's hand reach for his sex.

"What pleases you tonight, my lord husband – to subdue the earth's quake or yield to the aftershocks?" Gaia continues her soft whispers.

And with that, the god grabbed his goddess' waist and pushed her on the dining table. Gaia took his lips aggressively, still in a controlled fury from before. Deepening their kiss, Ouranos's hand travelled down and pulled up the bottom of his wife's peplos. His hand slipped in between the bundles of fabric, and found her stiffened crux. "If it pleases my wife, I think I'll subdue the earth's tremors tonight," and coax her nub with his thumb. He smiled as he watches the goddess' body threshed around under his touch. He could feel her swelled release is almost at the end, he buries his face in her hair and whispers "Yield, dear wife." Her back arched, her hips jerked. She screamed his name as waves upon waves of electrifying pleasure washed over her. Ouranos smiled smugly as he watches his wife come undone.

Ouranos positioned himself at his wife's core. As he was about to enter, his wife stopped him. "Husband, not here." He growled loudly but he placed an arm under the crook of his wife's knee, and lifted her. As he carried his wife to their private chambers, he thought he saw his wife's eyes teared up. Did he just imagine it? He caught her lips and she deepened the kiss, her fingers melting in his hair.

In their private chambers, Ouranos placed his wife gently on their bed. He places soft kisses all over the column of her neck, and nipped at her collarbone. She moaned; he licked the spot to soothe her. He travelled down and caught one of her breasts into his mouth, teasing the hard bud on her other breast with his fingers. She moaned louder, he smiled. He loves seeing his beautiful wife, strong and resistant like the mountains on earth, but becomes breakable under his touch.

Ouranos positioned himself at her entrance. He rubbed the length of his arousal at her core, teasing her nub with the tip of his head. With his consciousness obscured by her heady scent and intense want for the feel of her around him, the god was not aware of a figure lurking in the shadows of the room. As he was guiding his sex at his wife's entrance, the lurking figure came out of the shadows and in a flash, cut off his genitals with the adamantine harpē. The God of Sky writhed in torment on the floor; pools of ichor thick on the floor.

As Kronos watched his fierce father suffer through extreme pain, he hurls the castrated genitals out of the window and into Thalassa. Before hitting the sea, drops of ichor from the castrated genitals fell upon the earth and instantly, the Erinyes, the Giants and the Meliades were born.

"What did you do, you imbecile?!" roared Ouranos, in hellish pain. "That is for my mother." Kronos replied quietly. Ouranos turned to look at his beloved wife, with torture and despair. "You did this?" he whispered.

"You took my babies away!" shrieked Gaia, tears running down her cheeks.

"Fools! You little ingrate! Those babies are evil and vile. I sent them to the deep abyss for our own safety. For everyone's safety. To protect everyone. To protect you! I love you! And this is how you return my affections for you all these years?!" bellowed the weakened god. "You betrayed me," he said so softly that it was almost a whisper. With that, he broke down. The pain in his heart greater than the pain in between his legs.

"Husband", Gaia called softly as she took a couple of steps closer to Ouranos. Tears ran down her cheeks like salty rivers. Upon hearing her voice, immense rage consumed the god. He looked up to his wife and said with bitter spite "Husband? You are no wife of mine! Never will I want to look upon your treacherous face and hear your poisonous voice, until the end of time." Gaia breaks down into inconsolable sobs.

"And you..." Ouranos thundered as he turned to look at his traitorous son. "Mark my words, traitor. You and your treasonous brothers, you Titenes. You think you have defeated me? Saved the world from a tyrant? Oh, the great saviour is here. One day, you shall be overthrown by your own offspring, just as you have deposed your own father and king. Ananke will descend upon you. When that time comes, I hope you'll drown yourself in anguish and remorse. And maybe then, your beautiful face shall dissolve to match the insanity in your soul."

Degraded and emasculated, Ouranos withdrew from the earth, separated from his queen for all time.

Gaia fell onto the ground; her wet cheeks moisten the soil. Life sprouted from her depressed tears. "I'm sorry, my love. I love you. I love you, husband. I love you. I love you," she whispered into the earth. Ouranos heard his wife's declaration of love and wept with her. Beads of crystal aqua fell down from the sky, and seeped into the earth. Rain – the only way Father Sky could be joined together with Mother Earth. So shall it be until the end of time.

With his father's dethronement, Kronos ascended the throne, adamantine harpē in hand. He took his beautiful sister, Rhea, to be his wife and queen. Kronos ruled justly during the Golden Age, an age where there was no need for law as immorality was absent. Food was in abundance, and everyone lived in primordial peace and prosperity.

As time goes by, Ouranos' prophecy began to eat on his sanity, and he grew more and more oppressive and cruel. Kronos is now every bit of a tyrant, like the father he usurped.

Kronos' promise to his mother – releasing his siblings, the Hekatonkheires and the Cyclopes, from Tartarus – remained broken. He assigned the fearsome Kampe, a drakaina, the task of guarding the Hekatonkheires and the Cyclopes in Tartarus. Gaia is still separated from her imprisoned children, and her husband. Her little plot of betrayal was all for naught.