Author's Note : Fin

Hiya loves!

311,827 words later, Spring in Hades has come to an end. What started as my own form of therapy as I embark and celebrate a new chapter in my life, I really did not think that this story would become what it is today. When I first wrote Spring in Hades, it was an outlet for me to grieve what needs to be grieved, and celebrate what needs to be celebrated. It was therapeutic for me, an escape that I needed so badly at the time to keep myself sane. 

And then, the story just thrived and turned out to be something that brought me immense joy. And all because of YOU!!! Yes, YOU!!! Words can't describe the love and gratitude that I have for each one of you. Thank you for being with me on this journey, for 2.5 bloody years! To my new readers, thank you too! Thank you for investing your time, for taking a chance on my story. Each one of you is a gem! 

You have laughed, cried, cheered with my characters and I, and even got mad at them (yay!). Thank you for feeling so strongly for my characters, as it has made me so bloody happy and proud that I have penned my own thoughts and feelings down effectively. Yes, that's right, loves. I believe to be an effective writer, one writes what one knows. I basically wrote my own experiences, and thoughts and feelings that came with those experiences. There are even dialogues in the story that I took word for word from my real life.

Also, I would like to address Demeter. Ah Demeter... how crazy she made us all feel. Let us count the ways. The general consensus is that Demeter is way too crazy to be true. Well, let me tell you, loves... Demeter is very much real. She is based on three Virgos in my life, and under no circumstance did I exaggerate Demeter's dramatic character in the story. All I can say is, Persephone was really lucky to have one in her life, but I'm luckier to have three LOL!! What about Persephone then? I based Persephone on the generous, self-sacrificing, badass traits that my three Virgos share.

And I would love to find out your favourites...

Like, who is your favourite character(s), and why?
Mine, if it's still not obvious, is Hades. I basically wrote myself into his character. I love him so much that I gave him my experiences, my thoughts and feelings. Yes, quite narcissistic of me. As for his characteristics, his flaws are mine, his perfections are my dream guy LOL!

I would love to know your favourite chapter(s), or favourite scene(s)? 
Mine is Chapter 47. The whole chapter is my therapy; something that I know my characters needed, especially Hades. It's also the longest chapter of the book, with 6500 words!

Which chapter(s) or scene(s) that "killed" you?
The argument between Hades and Persephone in Chapter 51 did it for me. Just to relive it again to put it into words. I can't write for 4 months after that, not kidding. But how did I managed to update if I've got writer's block? Well, I was fortunate enough at the time that I've written a number of chapters roughly, so I only need to edit them. If I have to write from scratch, plus research, man... I shudder to think how (way) slow(er) my updates will be. Ooh also, today last year (15th. Apr. 2021) was the day that I published Chapter 51. Fates!

Who's your favourite villain(s)?
Hands down, mine is Eros. The shit that he pulled, and he still got away with everything... and have sweet Psykhe as his consort? I envy him. Some people have all the luck, and I'm just never one of them.

Any character(s) that you hate? 
Me? What can I say, I'm never a fan of the King of the Gods.

Which couple is your favourite? 
Mine... ohh pfftt dohh pshhh Hades and Persephone, as if none of you don't already know #perdesforlife #persadesforlife #persephadesforlife. Although Hermes+Hekate is a close second. Oh and I can definitely see the appeal of Hades+Psykhe.