Epilogue

Persephone stretched sleepily, her hand and leg rubbed against her husband as they draped over his hard body. She opened her eyes slowly, and smiled sweetly when she saw that her husband was already awake and was watching her. 

"Good morning, wife," he said softly, and planted a tender kiss on her temple. She hummed happily, nuzzling her nose into his skin. "How did you sleep?" Hades asked, Persephone tightened her hold around his body. 

"Heavenly," she sighed, her heart swelled at the sound of his quiet laughter.

Every night, Hades would build a support structure of pillows around his wife, to help her sleep comfortably. But every morning, Persephone would wake up with her limbs entangled with his. Even in sleep, she'll seek out her husband; he's the support that she needed.

Persephone stretched again, tugging a muscle on her lower back. The soft pained gasp that escaped her alerted Hades, and he quickly got up. "It's nothing," she assured him, but his hands were quick to rub soothing circles around the familiar areas of her lower back and rump.

"I can't wait for you to come out of me," Persephone murmured, rubbing her hands around her belly. Her mother had told her that she was pregnant with her for seven months, like the ripening of a pomegranate. Her grandmother was pregnant with her mother for five months, like the growth of a poppy seed to the crimson red flower. 

"What did your mother say?" Hades asked, his lips kissed a trail of soft kisses along her shoulder. Persephone moaned; the progression of her pregnancy brought along an increased sexual appetite. 

"Mother thinks it'll be nine months, because of the cold seasons," she answered, and emitted a frustrated whimper.

Hades understood and got out of bed. Gently and carefully, he took his wife in his arms, and carried her into the pool. "That means it could be any time soon," he stated; Persephone peppered light kisses on his neck and shoulder as she hummed in assent, Hades hissed. 

"Persephone," he grunted, and felt her smile on the skin of his neck.

Submerged in water, Hades soaked a sea sponge in a wide kylix, and poured drops of frankincense and myrrh. Slowly, he scrubbed Persephone's back with the sea sponge. He also took the opportunity to continue rubbing the sore muscles on her lower back; Persephone's eyes fluttered to a close, a moan vibrated out of her.