Date Night {S.W.A.T.}

Hondo and Tess sat down at the table. It was another try at a nice dinner date at Hondo's home. The table was set. In the middle of the table stood a bouquet of red roses and two lit candles. The light in the room was dimmed, the most light spent by the candles.

"Let's hope it stays quiet tonight", Hondo said while putting down a plate in front of Tess. She sighed.

"Hondo, you have to jinx it."

Hondo just sat down with his plate when their phones beeped. Tess groaned. "Told you. So much for a quiet night in."

They both stood up, blew out the candles, and put their food into the fridge. Tess looked at the clock. "I don't think we have time to change?"

Hondo shook his head. "No. Let's get to the car." He caught the car keys that were thrown to him by Tess and hurried to the car.

Ten minutes later they both entered the locker room. Deacon and Chris were still in. "Uh... another date interrupted, I see. How far in were you?" He chuckled and closed his locker.

Tess pointed to Hondo and grumbled. "He had to jinx it again. Like last time, we didn't even get the chance to eat. Luckily we were smarter and made dinner at his home." She took off her dress and changed into her work clothes. Tess closed her locker and quickly left the room followed by Chris.

"Somebody is in the dog house." Deacon chuckled and patted Hondo on his back. "Don't worry. She'll forgive you soon enough. If not there's a nice couch with your name on it at my house."

"Not my fault that this time and last ended here before we even got to eat. Oh, man. I hope, I find something to make up for that." The team leader put on his trousers and shirt, slammed his locker shut, and walked out with Deacon. "What do we got?"

A couple of days later, Tess walked into headquarters. She was wearing a long red dress and her long hair was in curls over her left shoulder.

"Hey, I got your text." They both laughed.

"So, where's your surprise for what I should dress up for?" Tess looked around.

"My surprise?" Hondo asked. Now they were both bewildered. Was that all a trick or was someone from their team pranking them. Suddenly Deacon came over to them.

"Hey, there you are."

Tess sighed and shook her head. "Please don't say we have another job." She already saw another date night gone wrong and was on the move to the locker rooms.

"No", Deacon answered and held her off. "But the team got your surprise. Follow me."

David led them to the stairs that went up onto the rooftop. Hondo and Tess followed him up and moments later they stood in front of a candlelight dinner under the stars. Chris just lighted the two candles on the table.

"Wow... That was all you, guys?" Tess asked and turned to Deacon. She was impressed.

"Yeah. Luca and Annie cooked dinner, Chris and Street took care of the table and place, Victor and I made sure that you're here. After two ruined date nights, you deserve something good." Deacon smiled and looked towards Chris who came over to the group of three.

"And Cortez took care of the calls. Should something come up, you won't be called. Rocker and one of his team members are your replacements for tonight."

"Chris... you just had, too", Deacon groaned and shook his head. Just as Chris said it they got called out.

"We have to go. Enjoy your night and dinner!" Street called out from the staircase. The team ran off and closed the door to the staircase behind them. Hondo and Tess laughed. They had thought about everything.

"May I?" Hondo asked and pointed to the table that was set right in front of them.

A couple of hours later they were still on the rooftop. The dinner was eaten. They now enjoyed the sight in front of them. Hondo smiled and stood up.

"Do you wanna dance?" He held out his hand to her. Tess took it and smiled back at him.

"And to what music?"

Hondo got out his phone and started a slow song. He took a hold of her hand again. "It's not much."

"But it's enough for me", Tess confirmed. It was random, silly, and barely 1 a.m., but they found themselves dancing on the HQ's rooftop under the stars.

Tess sighed. "I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Wouldn't that be nice? But who's going to rescue the people in danger?" Hondo looked at her.

"Deacon's doing a good job at that," Tess smirked.

"Better than me?" Hondo also smirked.

"Let me think about it..." Tess answered and tapped her chin with her left index finger.

"You have to think about who's doing a better job. I'm outraged", Hondo said and Tess chuckled.

"But you're doing a great job. It would be a huge loss for LA if you're not doing this job."

"That's what I wanted to hear." The music changed to another slow, romantic song. They stopped dancing and stared at each other.

"You're beautiful and you own my heart. I want to protect you, no matter what. You're one hell of a girl."

Tess blushed at his words. "Thank you, Hondo."

"Marry me."

Tess looked surprised at him. "What?"

Tess was as surprised as Hondo. He didn't plan on asking her tonight. Hell, he didn't even have a ring or anything else planned out. She deserved so much more than this. "Marry me. I don't have a ring, and this is not the way you imagined your proposal..."

"Hey, love birds. You still up there?" Luca entered the rooftop and disturbed the moment. "Uh, am I interrupting something?" Hondo and Tess still stood in each other's arms.

Tess left Hondo's arms and got her bag. She looked back at him. "You driving me home?"

"Yes, let's go." Hondo and Tess passed Chris who stepped onto the roof. Hondo and Tess were glad they got interrupted. Neither of them knew what they should tell the other. Luca just got there right on time to protect them from further embarrassment.

"Night guys", she said to them before walking over to Luca. "Everything alright with them? They seem to be in a hurry."

"I hope. I think, I interrupted them or at least Hondo. Appeared to be important to him." Luca glanced to the staircase.

Chris walked to him and patted him on his back. "I'm sure you didn't do something wrong. Hondo's not going to be angry about you interrupting them. Now, come on. Let's get to work so we can also go home."