Welcome To The Dark Side {The Good Fight}

Amy closed her last suitcase and looked around. She was still unsure about what she's going to do but she can't live on like that. Not with the knowledge she had. The clock on the wall ticked loudly in the silent apartment. Amy turned to leave the flat when the door opened. Maia stepped in and looked at Amy surprised. "You're home."

She kissed Amy on the cheek before putting down her food in the kitchen. After, she walked over to the wardrobe to hang up her coat and putting her shoes in the shoe rack.

"Yeah, I'm home. Unlike you the last two nights. What's going on Maia? Where were you?"

"Work. A new law firm isn't growing on its own. When I got home it was late. I didn't want to wake you so I slept on the couch." Amy nodded and stayed silent. She walked over to the apartment door. That's when Maia noticed the two suitcases. "You going on a work trip."

Amy sighed and turned to her girlfriend. This was the hard part. "Actually, I'm leaving, Maia. I can't do it anymore."

Maia gazed at her girlfriend. She shook her head in confusion. "What do you mean? I can't follow you."

Amy looked to the ground before looking back up at Maia again. "You lost your job, then start at that hotline, just to leave that one when Blum recruited you for his benefit. And to top it all off, the talk about you and I got an e-mail with a video that showed you cheating on me. How could you, Maia?"

Maia still looked puzzled at her. "What video? What talk?"

Amy shook her head and gave her a scrutinizing look. "You cheated on me. And my colleagues are talking about you. They somehow found out why you got fired. Now they're asking me if you are in rehab or still an addict and helping you out of trouble. You are putting my job in jeopardy, too when the wrong judge or ASA gets wind of it."

Amy got out her phone and showed her the video. "I waited for you to say something. I had a feeling that something changed. But you didn't say anything, so I forgot about it. I thought it was about losing your job. But then I got that video several days later after you were fired. And it explained it all. I waited again if you'll tell me the truth. But nothing, so here I am. I'm leaving. I need a break."

Maia stared at the video and the e-Mail address. She wanted to know where the video came from. When Amy wasn't looking, she sent herself a copy. Then she gave Amy's phone back to her. "I'm sorry, Amy. I really am..."

Amy held up her hand. "Save it, Maia. I trusted you... Maybe we can work it out when some time passed. But for now, we should go separate ways." She got her stuff from the wardrobe and opened the door. She took the two suitcases outside. Then, Amy got her set of keys out and gave them to Maia. "You should have them back. I'll call if I'm ready to tell you my decision. And please don't call me or my work or try to find out where I stay. No contact at all."

Maia nodded solemnly. Amy turned and left. One suitcase on each side. Maia gazed after her until Amy stepped into the elevator and the door closed. Then she went back into her apartment. Her quiet and empty apartment. Fort the first time since university she's living alone again. Maia walked into the kitchen. The food is forgotten and with no hunger, she put away her take-out food into the fridge.

Maia sat down on her couch and sighed. "Maybe, I deserved it. I had so many chances to tell her."

Maia looked at the e-mail again. She needed to find out who sent that video to Amy. There was a feeling in her stomach that told her she knew but she didn't want to believe it. He already ruined her career and now gave her the chance to rebuild her reputation. Even though most of that is for his own benefit.

Another 30 minutes later she was sure that Blum sent Amy the video. It's official for her. The man took everything from her so that she hit rock bottom. And here she was thinking that the whole Rindell scandal was rock bottom for her. Maia needed to talk to someone... Marissa... No... she wouldn't even pick up the phone after her finding out she betrayed Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart. Maybe Diane would answer her phone when she called. Maia could at least try her luck.