Vanished {S.W.A.T.}

"Good work. Let's pack up and get back to base", Hondo announced. They agreed and started to pack up when Tess's phone rang. She got her phone out, excused herself, and stepped back from the team.

"Hello?"

"Finally, I found you." The voice was unfamiliar for Tess. "Who is this?"

"You don't remember me or are you just playing. Either way. You're going to pay for running away from me. Nobody leaves me without paying the price for it."

"Is that a threat?" The team turned around after hearing the word threat. The unknown person on the phone laughed.

"Be careful. I will come and get you the moment you won't watch out." Then the line went dead. Tess put away her phone and walked back to the team. She was quiet thinking about the person on the phone.

"Everything alright? We heard you saying something about a threat. Do we need to worry?" Hondo asked and put a hand on Tess's shoulder.

"Yeah. It's fine. Nothing to worry about." They all got into the Black Betty and left the scene. Deacon reminded her that she's not alone if she needed help in any way.

After that first call, Tess got more calls. Usually, after every job they had done. The male voice always knew where she was and reminded her not to tell anybody. But that wasn't enough. Tess also received photos, most of the time through the mail. Sometimes by a courier to headquarters. Tess always destroyed the messages and the photos. In her luck, Hondo didn't notice anything. The situation got dangerous when the unknown man started to threaten her family and friends. In an attempt to protect them, she turned down invitations to get-togethers. Her behavior changes not staying unnoticed by the squad.

"Hey, Tess. You coming with us tonight? We're going to get some drinks", Chris asked and closed her locker. "You didn't come the last few times."

"Sory, I can't. I have to do some laundry and dishes. Maybe next time." Tess closed her locker, too, and left. The team glanced at each other.

"Am I alone with my feeling or is something wrong with her the last few weeks. She's not going out with us anymore and jumps every time a phone's ringing." The woman had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Luca shook his head. "No, I recognized it, too. Anyone an idea what changed her?"

After Luca's question, every glance went over to Hondo. "Hey, don't look at me. I have nothing to do with that. And I know as much as you guys. Just because she's my girlfriend, I don't turn into almighty."

It went silent in the locker room. Everyone in his own mind. After several minutes, Hondo sighed and closed his locker. "Alright. I'm going to talk to her. Maybe she tells me if something's wrong. See you tomorrow. Hopefully, I'm in one piece still."

The next morning, Hondo and Tess entered the locker room. Both of them weren't in a good mood.

"Good morning", Deacon greeted them and opened his own locker.

"Morning", Tess grumbled and glanced at Hondo. If looks could kill, Deacon probably had a body on his hands.

"Okay." Deacon, Tess, and Hondo changed in silence. When Tess left the changing room, Deacon turned to his team leader. "I guess you talked to her."

"You got 100 points. And I slept on the couch." Hondo closed his locker and sat down on the bench that stood in the middle of the room.

"That bad?" Deacon sat down next to him.

Hondo nodded. "Yeah. She didn't want to talk and I maybe pushed too much. I just hope, she comes to us if she needs help."

His friend nodded in agreement and put a hand on Hondo's left shoulder. "She's smart. She's not doing something stupid and endanger herself in the process."