Chicago U {One Chicago / Original}

A/N: It's late in Germany (at least for me when the next day is a workday). So fair warning: It's not completely proofread. I will do this tomorrow. Don't get confused if there will be notifications.

Cassie was learning for an upcoming test. Her roommate was out on a date. What she got told she was going to the Halloween party on campus.

The female student sighed exasperatedly. It was the last topic on her learning list and she didn't understand it fully. And to her luck, it's probably a topic the professor will ask at least one question about it.

Cassie got up from her desk and started to back away her stuff. There wasn't any chance that she could learn this topic in one night and ace it in the test tomorrow. She was just getting ready for bed when her phone started to ring.

"What's up, Dawson? Is the date that bad that I should already come and rescue you", Cassie laughed.

But she didn't get an answer. All she heard was sobbing and that got her worried instantly. "What's going on, Dawson? Talk to me." Cassie put the call on speaker and started to get ready to leave her dorm room.

"He pushed him down the stairs", Dawson finally told her. "He pushed River down the steps."

"I'm on my way. Keep qualm. Is he conscious?" Cassie grabbed her dormitory keys and left the building in a hurry.

"No. But he's breathing", she answered after taking a deep breath.

"That's good. Stay with him. Where can I find you?" Cassie was near the party location.

"I'm down the steps between the library and the English building. I'm alone with him. Nobody else trying to help." Cassie could hear the worry in her friend's voice. She speed-walked through the crowd of partying and drunken students.

"I'm nearly there. Can you see..." Just then Cassie's phone beeped and the phone call ended. She looked at it and cursed. No cell service. After that, the mobile phone stopped working completely. The battery died on her at the worst time possible. "Shit. Now of all times, the battery's dead."

Cassie put the phone in her pants pocket and ran the last part of the way. The girl stood at the top of the stairs. She looked down and saw her friend and the mentioned student. Cassie jogged down the steps and got down on the boy's right side.

She looked the guy over and found a head laceration. The girl took off her jacket and pressed it down on the wound. "What happened?" Cassie looked at Dawson.

"I'm not sure. I just came back from the toilets and wanted to take a drink from my coke that Marlon got me. I took one sip when River ran up and said something about Marlon putting something into it." Dawson was shaking. "After that, they pushed each other around. The fight ended when River fell down the stairs after Marlon pushed him one final time. When River didn't get back up I ran down to him while my date just took off."

Cassie nodded and looked at Dawson's phone. "Did you call 911?"

"I did. I gave them the address of the library. They said that they will be here soon. Do you think they're going to find us here?" The girl glanced around. "It's not like we are directly on the pathway. And I'm sure those folks up the steps aren't going to be any help."

Cassie started thinking and finally nodded to herself. "Here's what we'll do. You told them where we are, so you go and pick them up and bringing them here. I'll stay with River and make sure that nothing else happens to him."

Dawson nodded and sprinted off while Cassie stayed back with River. "Everything's going to be alright. You'll see."

Several minutes went by before the girl heard the familiar callout "Paramedics."

Oneshot Collectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें