Goodbye, Jack {MacGyver}

... I don't know if you ever will get this letter. But at least I can say I tried. I'm writing this a couple days before my last mission. I'm all alone. Nobody's left of my team to take care of the enemy that took away my friend too soon. Mac would say that it's a suicide mission and try everything to stop me and this dumb idea. But I have to do this. I just hope that you're not going to hate me for it.

I missed a lot of things in your life, Riley. And now that I know that I'm going to miss even more... I'm sorry. For you. You're not going to have me around when you get married, when you have kids... Thinking about it makes me want to go home and not do this. But someone has to stop him. And it's me. And I promised my team members before they died.

I hope, you find the right man or woman. Since I'm not hear to kick his or her ass if they hurt you... ask Matty. She can scare pretty much anybody. Even a grown ass man like me. I'm sure she will help you with it. Even though we both know that you can kick ass yourself.

Coming back... I'm sure you met the one for you already without realizing it. And he knows that, too. Don't fear. Take the first step. I know he's too smart for his own good. When you don't do something soon, then I'm going to help. Trust me. I'm sure there's a way to do this from heaven. Don't wait too long. I really don't want to help you here.

And here is my last wish, Riles.

Don't mourn my sorry ass for too long. Enjoy your life. It's too short to be sad. Be happy, enjoy the time with your friends. You're not alone. You have Mac, Bozer, Matty... They're going to be there for you.

(...)

"Hey, what are you reading, Riles?" Mac stepped out onto the balcony and walked over to Riley.

Riley put down the letter and looked at Mac. "A letter from Jack. He wrote it before he died. Before his suicide mission, I think." Mac took a hold of her right hand.

"What's he writing?"

"About how Matty is kicking my boyfriend's ass for him, when he hurts me. Indirectly told me that you love me."

"And he's right about it", Mac chuckled.

Riley smiled and held the letter out to him. "Seems like he doesn't have to play matchmaker in heaven."

Riley's boyfriend laughed. "Lucky for us. Matchmaking never worked out when he planned it."

"Not really. It's good that he didn't make it his profession." Riley sighed. "It feels like he's still with us. I read the letter a few more times before you came out to me. I can actually picture his face and the gestures he would make while talking. I wish, we all had a chance of a last talk with him. Just a small goodbye."

Mac nodded. "But he knew that we could have talken him out of this dumb idea."

"That's what he wrote, too. That you would do anything to stop him", Riley agreed.

They both fell silent, enjoying the presence of the other. The sun went down and darkness fell over Los Angeles. Mac turned around and started a small fire. Riley sat down on the bench facing the skyline and fire. Angus took the letter from her hands and took it inside with him. "To keep it safe", he explained. This piece of paper will be important for her. Maybe for the rest of her life.

A few minutes later, Mac came back out and took a seat next to her. He gave a beer bottle to her. Riley smiled and thanked him. She lent against him.

"To Jack and your dad."

"To Jack and my dad."

They toasted their beer towards the sky. After, they both took a drink. Their conversation going away from Jack and to more happier things.

Jack stood on the balcony and smiled. He was happy for Riley. She deserved him. Now he was ready to leave her alone until the next big moment in her life. And just maybe he didn't have to wait for long.

"Let's go. Riley is in good hands. Angus is not going to hurt her. He knows better than that", James said and put a hand on Jack's shoulder. "We will be back when the big moment comes for them."

"I know." Jack turned to Jack with a small and sad smile. "It's hard to let go."

James chuckled. "I can understand you. But there are going to be little Macs and Rileys very soon."

"Not, if I can do something against it. They're still kids themselves", Jack protested.

James and Jack laughed and vanished in thin air.

"Good lucky, Angus. Be a better dad than I was."