Survivor {Law & Order: Special Victims Unit}

A/N: I wanted to edit a video like the text I wrote below. But I'm not got at editing videos. I have linked the song above. Hopefully, you can somehow imagine the scenes with the song. And I wish that the scenes fit the lyrics. Also, there are a lot of quotes from Olivia Benson. I didn't find fitting ones from the others. If there is someone out there who can edit it... I'm happy to see the result.

Tara: He walked me to my room. He kissed me on the lips. I slapped him, hard. He pushed his way in. He threw me on the bed. His hand was over my throat and I couldn't speak. He pulled my legs apart and he raped me. None of this was consensual.

Thought I couldn't breathe without you
I'm inhaling

Luna: Women need to know it's okay to love our bodies, especially the parts that people tell us not to love.

You thought I couldn't see without you
Perfect vision

Lakira: I don't know. Every morning I get up and I tell myself, 'You're a beautiful human, Lakira' even though my family says it ain't so, even though people stare at me like I'm some sort of puzzle they don't want to figure out. And now you're telling me you want me to stand in front of a bunch of strangers and say I was raped?

You thought I couldn't last without you
But I'm lastin'

Haley's Dad: She didn't even have a boyfriend. She was at that in-between age, you know, she had crushes but music was her first love. Beethoven was her first language. She was winning international competitions at six, she was a Clive Turner finalist at ten... she was gonna be somebody, not like my wife and I who spent our whole lives in a small town.
Stone: What was your relationship with her like?
Haley's Dad: We butted heads sometimes. She teased me about my fingernails being dirty and me being a garbage man, but I loved her. My wife and I loved her from the bottom of our hearts.

You thought that I would die without you
But I'm livin'

Benson: I've been a cop for 20 years and never in my career have I seen anything like this. She convinced herself that murdering her children and murdering her husband was the only choice.

Thought that I would fail without you
But I'm on top

Evangeline: I can't go back to Ohio! [points to her stepfather] He's the one who put this baby in me!

Thought it would be over by now
But it won't stop

Rollins: Did he force you?
Kayla: What do you mean, force?
Fin: Did you give consent?
Kayla: It's not black and white. Look, I tried to say No at first, I felt like I should have kneed him in the balls, but.
Fin: That sounds pretty black and white to me.
Kayla: No, it's not...
Rollins: It sounds like your boss raped you.
Kayla: It's not rape if I say it's not!

Thought that I would self destruct
But I'm still here

Girl: I'm only here because I want to face my rapist because I feel like if I can get justice maybe I can put my life back together!

Even in my years to come
I'm still gon' be here

Benson: You know what I've seen is that people who have gone through unfair, horrific experiences is that they have this will. And when they get support... a chance they can not only survive but they can thrive.

I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up

Benson: Some things, you can put them behind you... but they do change you.

I'm not gon' stop, oh
I'm gon' work harder

Esperanza: I'm not gonna talk about my father. I'm a fighter. I'm not weak.
Benson: Telling your story is not weak. And whatever happened, it doesn't define you.

I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up

Kayla: Do me a favor, send the cops tomorrow during my shift. I want to see this go down.

I'm not gon' stop, oh
I'm gon' work harder

Stone: I'm just used to having more evidence before I go to trial.
Benson: You have the victim's word. We go to trial to give her an opportunity to look her rapist in the eye and tell her truth. Because truth heals. If you go into this because you're expecting to win, you're in the wrong place.

I'm the survivor
I'm gonna make it

Benson: Thank you for coming forward.
Woman: What this company is doing, the way it treats women pilots, is despicable. But what you're doing... it's about damn time.

I will survive
Keep on survivin'

Benson: There are always reasons for women to stay silent. But the good news is the world is changing. There's no stigma attached to coming forward. It can be empowering, heroic even.

I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up

Benson: You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now.

I'm not gon' stop, oh
I'm gon' work harder

Beth: What's my mission, Lieutenant?
Benson: To heal.

I'm the survivor
I'm gonna make it

Jenna: I'm ashamed of what I did but I'm not ashamed that I was raped. And I want everyone to hear my story so that this man can't hurt other women again.

I will survive
Keep on survivin'

These are their stories.

Dun Dun.