I'm you, Daddy! {Criminal Minds}

A/N: If I have another story online where there is a character called Debbie. This character has nothing to do with the character in this oneshot. Just a reminder for you, guys. And sorry if the characters aren't just like in the TV series. I'm new to the show and haven't watch that many episodes.

Debbie's POV

It's Halloween. I'm Jack's babysitter or nanny as Jack calls it at the moment. He thought that he was too old to have a babysitter. I also was a friend of Haley. "You alright?", I asked Aaron. "Hmm... yeah... I'm fine. Actually, Jack told me this morning that he doesn't want to be Spiderman because apparently, Spiderman isn't a real superhero", Aaron told me. "Is that so. Then we have to find him a last-minute costume", I answered and smiled. I took a sip from my water and looked at the clock. "How long is he already in his room?", I asked him. "Half an hour. I tried going in but he won't let met.", Aaron sighed, "I should look what he does." Aaron stood up and started to walk up to his son's room. "No, wait. Let me check", I said and pushed him back to the living area. "Maybe he is working on something for Daddy." "Ok, fine. But you call if something is wrong", Aaron demanded. "Of course. Don't worry", I smiled. Aaron walked away defeated.

I waited a few seconds before knocking on Jack's door. "Go away, daddy. I'm not ready yet", Jack called out. "It's not Daddy, buddy. It's me, Debbie. Can I come in?", I asked. I heard shuffling behind the door. Then the door clicked and Jack opened. "Don't let your dad know that you locked yourself in your room", I whispered and stepped in. "Okay. I promise I won't do it again", Jack promised and closed the door behind me. I looked around and saw a lot of clothes thrown around. Some of them still in his closet, others on the floor or his bed. "What are you doing?", I asked Jack and turned to him. 

"I was searching for a new costume", he whined and looked through his clothes. "Ok. Do yo know what you want to be?", I asked him. "I don't want to be Spiderman. I want to be like daddy. And to be like daddy I need what he always wears for work", Jack explained to me. "Alright. Let's see what we got here", I said and turned to the pile of clothes on the bed. I started to search through. "What do you look for? Maybe I can help", Jack asked. I smiled: "I search for some nice black dress pants. Do you see any?" Jack looked around. I hid a laugh. Asked dress pants where right in front of me. "Here. I found them", Jack laughed and held them up. "And now?" "Now, we search for a nice dress shirt that fits to the dress pants", I explained while I searched in Jack's closet for his black suit jacket that fits to the pants.

It was quiet in the room. "Bee... I can't decide which one's better", Jack said and held two different dress shirts up. The one in his left hand was white. The one in his other hand was blue but had a big stain on it. "We take the white one. I don't think your dad ever wore a shirt with stains on it. Just remember what happened last week with the shirt and the coffee", I told him. Jack laughed: "You're right." He put away the blue shirt onto another pile with dirty clothes. The white one went over to the dress pants. "Can I change?", Jack asked me. "Of course. Go ahead, buddy", I smiled and laid down the fitting suit jacket next to the dress shirt and pants. "I also found you a matching tie like your father always wear." Now Jack had the biggest smile on him: "Thank you." "Do you need help?", I asked. "No. I'm a big boy", Jack answered. "Alright, I'm leaving. Call out if you change your mind", I laughed and left his room.

"Everything alright. You were in there for quite some time", Aaron asked me. "Yeah. Everything's great. You're gonna love it", I answered with a smile. Ten minutes later I heard Jack calling out for me: "Debbie. Can you help me?" "Sure", I said and started to walk over. Aaron followed me. "No. You stay here. I got this. This is a surprise." Aaron nodded defeated. "But if...", he started. "We call", I stopped him and went back into Jack's room. "What's the problem, buddy", I said and looked at him. "I can't tie my tie.", Jack told me frustrated, "If the tie isn't correct I'm not like dad." "Come here. Let me help you", I smiled and tie his tie quickly. "That's it. All ready to go", I told him and stood back up. Jack looked at himself in the mirror. I smiled. Jack was nearly a spitting image of Aaron. "I'm going back out to your dad before he comes pursting in and ruins your surprise", I said. Jack nodded: "I'm out soon."

A few minutes later we heard Jack: "Dad, don't look at me." I smiled and turned Aaron away from the hallway so that he was looking at me. "Is he looking?", Jack asked. "I'm not looking. Are you almost ready?", Aaron answered. "No. I want to hear it from Debbie that you're not looking", Jack demanded and I laughed: "He's telling the truth, Jack. Come on out." "You need any help?", Aaron asked. "No", Jack answered and stepped out into the hallway.

"Okay. Whoa. That is definitely not Spiderman", Aaron said turning to his kid. "He's not a real superhero", Jack answered. "He's not?", I asked. Jack shook his head. "Okay. I give up. Who are you supposed to be?", Aaron asked. "I'm you, Daddy", Jack told him proudly. Aaron walked up to his son and crouched down to hug is son. He stood back up with him: "Let's go and get some candy, my little G-man." I looked at Aaron as he was walking past me. He had tears in his eyes. I smiled. Mission accomplished. Jack had his last-minute costume and at the same time made his father proud. "You coming with us, Bee?", Jack asked me. "Of course", I smiled and put on my clothes to follow them. Aaron just put down Jack and looked at me: "Thank you." I smiled at him: "Not for that. I saw that you didn't know what to do. You needed help here. And I can see it in your eyes that you are proud." "I am. I didn't think that Jack saw me as his hero. I mean... after what happened with Haley", Aaron said and locked up the door. "He's not going to hold you responsible for that when you explain to him the whole story. I'm sure of it", I told him.

We looked at each other for a long time after Aaron locked up. Neither wanted to say anything. It was just us. I felt Aarons hand on my cheek as he wiped away a tear. "Do you?", Aaron asked me. I shook my head: "No. God, no. I could never do that. I know you and I know that you would have done anything to protect or rescue her that day." "Shh... it's fine", Aaron said and got closer to me. Was he going to...? I can't do that... he was Haley's ex-husband, father to her child. Just as he was about to kiss me, Jack interrupted us: "Come on before everything good is gone." He ran up to us, grabbed Aaron's left and my right hand and pulled. "Okay, okay, buddy. We're coming", Aaron said with a laugh.