▪︎ Hawk - I Love You Pt. 1 ▪︎

Gonna be honest I'm not the biggest fan of Hawk, but I randomly got the urge to write about him. I'll try my best!
____________________________________________

My mouth widens in shock as I walk out of the Cobra Kai dojo, only to see 'Hawk' beating up one of the new recruits. I watch for a moment, not knowing if I should intervene. The only reason being, I haven't talked to 'Hawk' in a while. I rarely call him 'Hawk,' and that's because I know him as Eli. One of my bestfriends, but that's not how he's been acting lately.

Suddenly, my mind snaps back into reality and I remember that Eli shouldn't be doing this, especially because this new kid is in our team. We don't need this him quitting and going over to Miyagi-Do.

I run over to Hawk pushing him away from the kid, harshly. Trust me, reasoning with Eli, is not an option anymore. It used to be though.

"What the hell (Y/N)!?" He shouts. I ignore him completely, turning over to the new kid. His nose is bloody and his eye is bruised.

"Hey, I'm sorry about him... He can really get out of hand. I promise he'll never do that again. If he does, I'll report him to Sensei Lawrence. He's only allowed to do that when we train." I smile at the kid, wiping away the blood from his nose. "Now, get some rest and be ready to fight tomorrow, so you can kick 'Hawk's' ass." I smile a bit. The new kid nods and thanks me, then he runs off.

"Why did you do that (Y/N)?" Eli exclaimed, putting his hands to his sides and holding his hands in fists.

"Uhhh, why did you do that?" I shout out. This isn't the Eli I know and this isn't the Eli I like.

"The kid deserved a beating, he made fun of the mohawk." Eli points to his mohawk, grinning. I roll my eyes and sigh. "What?"

"You decided to beat up the newbie because he said something about your mohawk?" I raise my eyebrows and begin to walk off. I pass by Hawk, but I'm quickly stopped. Hawk puts his hand on my shoulder and spins me around.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" He asks. I flick his hand off of me.

"I'm not ignoring you. I've just been really busy." I say, looking away from Eli and at the ground instead.

"Busy? With what?" He says, chuckling a bit.

"School stuff..." I mumble, trying to ignore the question.

"Or hanging out with that traitor Demetri?" Hawk scoffs, crossing his arms. I look up from the ground and back into his eyes.

"He isn't a traitor! Kreese beat him up and he didn't feel comfortable here, so he went to a place where he could feel safe. That's completely okay." I shout out.

"Why are you siding with him?" Hawk says.

"If I was siding with him, I would be a Miyagi-Do. I just care about him and stick up for him because he's my friend, just like he's your friend." I tell Eli, trying to actually make him understand for once.

"Yeah right. Friend?" Eli laughs. I groan again and walk past him, this time ducking when he tries to grab my shoulder. Karate's pretty helpful in this kind of situation I guess. So instead, Eli begins speeding up and walking towards me.

"I don't understand. What is your problem?" Eli says, catching up to me fully. I stop and turn to him again.

"What's my problem? Really? You're asking me what my problem is? Eli, do you want to know why I've been ignoring you?" I stand in silence for a moment. I know Eli wants me to keep going because he hasn't corrected me for saying Eli instead of 'Hawk.' "You're a bully! You have turned into everything we have ever hated. You beat people up and call them names... and the worst part is, is you do it to your friends."

Eli crosses his arms, rolling his eyes. He stays silent, so I decide to continue.

"You are a different person, and although I'm happy you're confident and can defend yourself, you changed everything about yourself. You aren't even the person I once knew and it hurts. When you beat people up for calling us names, you are no better then the people that used to do it to us." I shout at him.

"Why are you so worried about who I used to be? I thought everyone hated him? I mean, I know I did. I was weak." Hawk laughs.

"You were kind, loving, and you were strong." I mutter.

"Strong?" Eli raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"Mentally. You dealt with all of that bullying so well. You were the bigger person and didn't engage in it... I admired you for that... I know you're proud of who you are now, but I just don't understand why..." I say, exhaling deeply and fidgeting with my hands.

"Admired me?" Hawk says. "You admired me? Really? Why?"

"Because Eli, I loved you." Is the answer I blurt out. My eyes suddenly widen and I regret what I said.

"Loved me? I don't believe that." He says, completely brushing it off of his shoulders.

"Would I ever lie to you about something like that?" I ask him, staring back into his eyes. I don't want to keep taking about it, but I can't believe he doesn't believe me.

"Well why didn't you tell me? That doesn't make sense." He shrugs.

"Did Demetri, you, or I ever tell anyone we loved them? No. Because we were afraid. We didn't know what people would say, but I did. I admired you and loved you, and then you became a different person." I stumble over my words the fastest I can.

"And now you don't love me." Everything goes silent. All I hear are cars driving along the road.

"That's not true. It can be hard, and I don't like the new you, but I still know the old, kind Eli is somewhere in there... and I miss him... a lot." I stutter. "I miss trading things in our lunches when we ate, and doing homework with you and Demetri. I miss talking about other kids we had gossip on and then laughing at them." I feel myself begin to get tense. Tears begin to form in my eyes. I hate that I'm getting emotional over this. "I miss celebrating when the three of us would ace a test, hugging, and laughing. Having our own inside jokes, and for those 45 minutes of lunch, we were our authentic, happy selves. We didn't-"

Suddenly, Hawk bends down and presses his lips against mine. I freeze, closing my eyes. My mind goes blank. Everything else I was going to say, completely disappears. He places his hand gently on my cheek and I can feel myself smile as we kiss. I place my hand on his waist. After a few moments, he backs away and I stare in awe. I move my hand away from his waist.

"I love you too." He mumbles. This is the most I've seen 'Hawk' like Eli since he's changed. I could tell he meant what he said. I begin to feel my cheeks heat up. Suddenly I realize I don't know what to do next.

"Uh, I-I'm sorry Eli, but I have to go. I guess I'll see you t-tomorrow." I stutter over my words, panicked and in a haze. I turn around, no longer facing 'Hawk' and I bolt off over to my car, trying to get out of there as quickly as possible.

____________________________________________
I really hope you enjoyed! If you liked this... would you like to see a part 2? I have some ideas so...