▪︎ Demetri - 4th of July ▪︎

This is yet another Demetri request! I'm so happy you guys like Demetri as much as I do!

Anyways, I'm happy to take more requests for more characters, just know it might take a while due to school and other things going on in my life!
____________________________________________
It had been the 4th of July, and I snuck out of my family's 4th of July party to meet up with my best friend, Demetri. I never liked the big parties my family threw. They were always full of people I either hated or didn't know, so I was ecstatic when Demetri invited my to hangout.

I didn't know exactly what Demetri had planned or what he wanted to do, but knowing Demetri, I knew he could make this the most fun and exciting night of our lives. I made my way down the sidewalk and headed towards Demetri's house where he was waiting on his front porch. He waved to me.

"Hey!" He exclaims.

"Hi!" I look around his front yard, his parents car isn't here and the lights inside are off. "Where is everyone?"

"They went to a party. My parents invited me to come along, but I told them I wasn't feeling up to it today." Demetri shrugs a bit. "I'm not a big fan of the 'grown up' parties. I never know anyone there and everyone is too touchy. They all love to randomly hug you."

"Exactly!" I shout out, lightly smacking Demetri's arm. "It's so annoying!" He looks down at me, grinning. "So what's on the agenda for tonight?" I ask.

"Oh, I was thinking maybe we could go to the beach and watch the firework show..." Demetri shrugs a bit. "We don't have to if you don't want to..."

"No! It sounds fun!" I exclaim. "Better than those stupid parties."

"Yeah..." Demetri mutters. He seems a bit more awkward tonight which is weird for him because he's already extremely awkward.

"Okay, well... let's go!" I say, trying to lighten the mood a bit. I grab his hand and drag him down the sidewalk. He staggers behind for a moment before catching up. The two of us mess around, laughing about our stupid inside jokes.

The breeze outside is light and nice, the sky smells of flowers and I can hear the sound of birds in the distance. Demetri smiles at me, but I try to act like I don't notice. We continue to walk until I can spot the sand in the distance. As we walk closer to the sand, I slip off my flip flops and carry them. 

My feet touch the sand and I wiggle my toes a bit. Demetri struggles to take off his flip flops, but he does and joins me in the sand. We walk down closer to the water, passing a few happy couples and big families as we go.

The sun sets lower. It's absolutely breathtaking to watch. I lean a bit on Demetri's shoulder as I stare at it all in awe and wonder.

After a couple minutes, the sun is officially down. Suddenly the fireworks begin going off. I hear Demetri take a deep breath and mumble, 'Okay, let's do this.' At first I thought that meant he had some sort of irrational fear of fireworks and got scared, but before long he turns and faces me, trying to smile.

"I- uh- actually wanted to talk to you... That's why I invited you out..." Demetri stumbles over his words. I nod a bit.

"Okay, what about?" I ask, I can see the fireworks out of the corner of my eye.

"It's just- I've been meaning to tell you-" He pauses. "I love you, a lot, and it's like an actual crush." I freeze. Demetri's never worked up the nerve to tell someone he likes them, and for the longest time I thought he liked Yasmine. "I know this is kind of sudden but-" I quickly pull him into a hug. I don't know if a kiss is really the way to go since he just told me he liked me.

"No, I get it. I've had feelings for you for a while now..." I mutter. Demetri stands there for a moment, but then he slowly wraps his arms around me as well. I feel safe in his arms... comforted...

The two of us hold each other and watch the rest of the fireworks show.
____________________________________________
I really hope you enjoyed! I hope this didn't seem too rushed!