▪︎ Johnny - Soft Side ▪︎

Yes, more soft Johnny content, thank you very much.
_______________________________________________
Your sitting and crying on the edge of your sidewalk alone. Your mad, embarrassed, and feel like a disappointment... Suddenly, you hear someone walking down the sidewalk. You turn your head back to see who it is. One of the neighbor kids, and your good friend, Johnny Lawrence.

You've been friends for a long time, but recently you haven't hung out as much. You look away from him, hoping he just walks past you and ignores you.

"(Y/N)?" He mutters. You quickly wipe away your tears, hoping you can play this off.

"Hey Johnny. Long time no see." You smile the best you can, but he instantly can tell something's wrong.

"Are you okay?" He asks you instantly getting worried. Johnny had always had a little crush on you, no matter how many other girls he dated, but he never told you.

"I- Uh... yeah." You mumble, trying to act normal.

"Well you look like you've been crying." He says, sitting down on the sidewalk next to you. "What happened?" He says, putting his hand on your shoulder.

"It's nothing." You keep trying to keep your problems a secret. You don't want to tell anyone.

"Tell me." He grumbles. Johnny begins to get a bit upset, but he tries to stay calm.

"Johnny I'm-" He quickly cuts you off.

"(Y/N)! Obviously, something is wrong. If you don't tell someone what's happening, something bad could happen to you! You shouldn't hide." He shouts. You know he isn't trying to be mean, he just really cares. You instantly begin crying again though. He grabs you and holds you, comforting you to make you feel better.

"I'm sorry... I'm just so scared to speak up. I don't want them to know I'm telling you." You cry as Johnny looks at you, worried. He still is holding you tightly.

"You can tell me. I'm not gonna tell anyone... I swear." He mumbles, stroking your hair a bit. Johnny isn't usually like this and it makes you begin to feel comfortable and safe.

"It's my parents. It's not unusual for them to yell at me, but it just really hurt this time. Then they got into a huge argument about me and I don't know...I just feel like a disappointment." Johnny goes silent. You look up at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... it's just I kinds know how you feel there." He mumbles. "It's gonna be okay though. You aren't a disappointment and you're a great person." He smiles at you. "And if you ever need to talk I'm here... I can give you advice." You didn't know Johnny dealt with stuff like this at home. You always thought he had a perfect life. "Actually..."

Johnny pulls his backpack off of his and begins looking through it. You wipe away more of your tears, wondering what he's doing. He pulls out a pair of headphones with a mix tape attached. He hands it to you.

"If you ever feel sad, or your parents start fighting, play this." You take it. "It works. I promise."

"Are you sure you don't wanna keep it? This seems pretty important to you." You mumble. He wipes away more of your tears.

"No, I want you to have it. I'm sure I can get another one anyways..." He smiles at you.

"Thank you Johnny." You mumble, as you nuzzle your head into his shoulder. He smiles and blushes a bit.

"It's no problem, really." He says.

"And you know, if you ever need to talk about something, I'm here to listen to you... I know we haven't been hanging out as much, but I still really care about you..." You tell him. Johnny smiles, he suddenly remembers why he's loved you for such a long time.

"(Y/N)?" He mumbles.

"Yeah?" You respond quickly, looking up at him.

"I don't know why, but this feels like the right time to tell you..." He sighs. "I love you. I've loved you longer than I've loved anyone else and it hurts me to see you like this... I really care about you."

Your mind goes blank. In a way you don't want to believe he's telling the truth because this doesn't sound like something Johnny would say, but you believe it. You hug him and kiss him on the cheek, but as soon as you back away, he kisses you on the lips. Now that's more like the Johnny Lawrence you know.

He backs away from you. Your heart has melted and you have butterflies in your stomach.

"Thank you again Johnny. You have no idea how important it is to me that you actually care and want to listen." You tell him, nodding and not knowing what to say about the kiss.

"Yeah, of course." He pauses. "I'm sure you don't wanna go back in there... instead do you wanna go and hang out downtown or something? Things might cool down in your house if you're gone for a bit." He says.

"Of course Johnny. I'd like that a lot." You grin. The two of you get up and head downtown to enjoy the afternoon together.
____________________________________________
Should I make a part 2 out of this? I know Johnny can be really mean at times so maybe there's a part where Johnny is being mean and you get mad...?