▪︎ Demetri - Prom ▪︎

MINOR SEASON 4 SPOILERS

Imagine... Demetri is alone at prom and so are you the only reason you both came is to be with your friends, but they're all busy.

(By the way, in this imagine, Demetri and Yasmine are not dating.)
___________________________________________________

"I'll be right back, I'm going to go talk to Moon." Eli exclaims with a smile, patting me on the shoulder.

"Okay, good luck with that." I grin. "Go win her over, champ." Eli chuckles and runs off. I watch him walk over to Moon, a huge smile on his face. I feel my self sigh and slump down into a chair.

I was supposed to be here with Eli as friends since we both don't have dates, but, no. It's not that I'm mad at him, I'm actually happy he's talking to Moon, it's just, now I'm alone.

I grab my punch from the table next to me and take a sip. I look around. Sam is with Miguel, Eli has Moon, even Robby and Tory came together. Not just that, but Burt of all people got a date!?

They're all dancing, spending time with each other, having fun. Normally I'm fine with being alone, but I can't help but wish my prom were going a bit differently. Suddenly, I hear someone pour some punch in a cup behind me. I turn back and spot Demetri. He takes a sip from his punch and then notices me staring.

"You, uh, need a refill?" Demetri asks, pointing at my cup. I nod slightly.

"Yes, please." I hand him my cup. He slowly starts to pour the drink. The two of us stand in silence. "You here with anyone?" I ask. "Just curious because I feel like the only karate kid here without a date."

"No, I'm not here with anyone. I'm still very much so a single pringle." He says awkwardly. I raise an eyebrow at his comment.

"Hmm, I wonder why." I tease based on his awkward comment. He rolls his eyes and hands me back the cup.

"Yeah, well, what about you?" He exclaims.

"Hey, I'm not denying that no one will date me. I know it for a fact and I'm not ashamed." I grin and take a nice, refreshing sip of my punch.

"Not no one." Demetri says awkwardly. I look away from my cup and up at him, my eyebrows raised up high. He's smiling, but he looks uncomfortable and freaked out.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask with the tilt of my head. "'Not no one?'" I repeat.

"I just mean-" He pauses, thinking about what he means. "Anyone would be lucky to date you, let alone being your date at prom." He stumbles through his words as I nod slightly.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, anybody would be lucky to date you too." I chuckle. We both turn back towards the dance floor and watch everyone dance again.

"Demetri?" I ask.

"Yeah." He murmurs.

"Do you want to dance with me? That way, you know, we're not the only people not dancing." I feel my heart race a bit as I ask. Demetri stutters a bit before finally responding.

"I'd like that." He slightly smiles. "I'd actually like that a lot."

Both of us, full of fear, slowly walk towards the dance floor. To help Demetri, and even myself if I'm being honest, I grab onto Demetri's hand. I feel him squeeze mine back before we get to the middle of the dancefloor. People are slow dancing around us, so we awkwardly try to figure out how to position ourselves.

Demetri slowly places his hands on my hips and I wrap my around his neck.

"Fair warning, I've never done this before." I chuckle. Demetri nods along, his nerves easing down. We're trying to make this as casual and calm as possible.

"Same." He smiles.

"I think we kind of just rock around." I look down at our feet, Demetri does the same. We both lightly bump heads. In shock, we both quickly look up at each other. "Sorry." I mumble as we stare at each other. We keep gazing into each other's eyes.

"Yeah, uh, same." He mumbles. I can tell Demetri is nervous because he grabs my hips tighter.

"Thanks for dancing with me. This is a lot better then sitting on the sidelines." I smile at him. I suddenly place my head onto his chest. At first Demetri stiffens up, but he quickly calms down as we finally get the beat of the music. I feel myself sort of melt into Demetri's arms. Everything just kind of feels comfortable and safe in Demetri's arms.

Maybe prom isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... Actually, I love how it turned out.