▪︎ Demetri - True Feelings Pt. 1▪︎

I just wanna say, this takes place like late season 1, early season 2 when Demetri and Hawk's friendship slowly falls apart-
____________________________________________
I'm sitting with my boyfriend Hawk at a party. I don't know too many of the people, seeing as the only reason I'm here is because I'm in Cobra Kai. Hawk and I have been dating for months.

I'm gonna be honest, I love him, I do, but the more I'm around him, the more I realize he's really toxic. I try to forget about that though and instead remember the good things about him and how sweet of a boyfriend he is.

More kids pile in, as I lean on Hawk and he talks to other kids from Cobra Kai. I kind of zone out, ignoring everyone. Suddenly, Hawk taps my shoulder.

"Hey, do want something to drink?" He asks. I nod yes.

"Whatever alchohol they have is fine." I say, getting up off of his shoulder. I watch as Hawk walks away. He shoves some people out of the way to get to the drinks faster. I sigh as he shoves his way through the crowd. I sink into the couch I'm sitting on.

I look around trying to point out kids I don't know. There are so many girls and boys around. They all mostly seem to know each other.

Suddenly, a boy who's unfamiliar to me sits a few inches away from me. I look over at him for a second. He takes a sip of his drink and sighs, he doesn't seem to be very social. He's tall and lanky, with shaggy, dark brown hair.

I decide not to say anything and wait for Hawk to come back instead. Maybe Hawk will know where Aisha and Miguel are so I can go talk to them.

After a few minutes of glancing at the boy next to me and fidgeting with my hands, Hawk comes back. He sits down next to me and then looks at the boy sitting next to me.

"Oh, Demetri... I didn't know you were coming." Hawk says, as he hands me my drink.

"Well, I was invited, so I'm here." He mumbles, sipping at his drink once more. I look over at Hawk.

"How do you know that boy?" I ask Hawk, kind of hoping I could make a friend or just talk to someone new. Hawk looks up at him and then down at me.

"He, uh, went to my school and we had a few classes together." Hawk mutters, only loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh, okay..." I mumble. I lean on Hawk's shoulder again, this time I curl up my legs. Hawk continues to chat to people around him. I feel completely and utterly useless right now. It's like I'm invisible. Suddenly I feel a little bit of alchohol splashed on my side.

"Hey! Watch what you're doing. You just made me spill some of my drink." I look over at the kid next to me, Demetri I believe his name is. He looks over to see where he spilled his drink. He spots it on me. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I-" I stop him from continuing his apology.

"No, no it's okay... I'm fine." I say. Hawk hears me and turns his head.

"What's wrong?" Hawk asks.

"Nothing, people are just getting really riled up." I say, trying my best to smile. Hawk nods. Suddenly, a very drunken Miguel comes over.

"Who wants to play spin the bottle!?" He shouts. A bunch of people get excited and begin to shout.

I feel like I've barely been involved with this party so I decide to play. Maybe kissing a random stranger is how I get more friends - or any bit of attention from Hawk. He's not like this alone, but with other people, I'm nothing. Should it be that way? A few kids get in a circle and sit silently. Some other people push a few other kids in.

I watch a few kids take their turns. Half of them I barely know. Hawk spins and lands on some random girl who he also, barely seems to know. Miguel lands on Aisha and has to kiss her, and then in what feels like an instant, it's my turn.

I spin the bottle, keeping quiet, not looking at who the bottle has landed on. I want to be surprised. I want someone cool and nice. The bottle stops. My eyes wander up to the person the bottle has landed on. My eyes freeze on Demetri's.

Hawk looks up at me and then Demetri, a tad bit panicked. What's up with him not really wanting me to talk to this Demetri kid? I feel as if he's hiding something.

I take a breath and scoot myself closer to Demetri. The boy looks at me as if he's never kissed anyone before. Has he ever kissed anyone before?

I lean close to Demetri and then finally, without a care in the world, I lean in and kiss him. I feel as if the kiss is longer than it should be, but it's nice. He's a nice kisser, nothing too rough but there's enough confidence in him that it's a nice kiss. I lean away from Demetri. He smiles at me and we stare at each other for a moment. It's like time has frozen on us. Then Hawk pats my shoulder and pulls me back.

For the rest of the game, I can't keep my eyes off of Demetri, and Hawk won't keep his eyes off me.

____________________________________________
We're about to have some weird love triangle happen.