[25]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2021 Tena Ifiemi

####

i'm missing you - sunjae

queen tings - masego & tiffany gouché

####

ШHΞЛ ТHΞ  SΞϾФЛÐ HΛŁŦ of the term had kicked start and been running for a week and Damian still hadn't showed up, although I admit it was disturbing, I realized that it was just normal him. But the second week is about to end and I can't help but be worried. It's even worse that people are saying that he's hardly ever been this late.

On top of that, my Literature teacher resigned and the worst creature to ever walk the earth, Ms Maryjane is our new teacher. To call this woman a witch would be a compliment. Why she's so mean is beyond me. To top it all, I don't understand her teaching.

"Aunty Irikefe, you better bring your mind back to my class this instant!"

Speak of the devil.

And who told you it wasn't here in the first place? I imagine asking her and roll my eyes. Literature is difficult enough for them to decide to punish me so.

"Are you insane!? Did you just say that to me? Get up!"

I got up immediately, startled at the way she banged my table. Did I really... Did I really just say something?

"Get out of my class and go and report your self to the principal right now! Insolent girl!"

I had never been to the principal's office. In fact, I have never even seen her up close. The only places I've been to in Hillary House are the reception, Accountant's office and the ladies room. With my whole body practically shaking I told the receptionist why I was there and she directed me to the principal's office.

"Last door on your right."

I knocked and I was let in by the principal's secretary.

"Good afternoon sir", I greeted curtsying out of habit.

"Good afternoon dear, how are you?"

Not fine actually but of course I say, "I'm fine, thank you. I'm here to see the principal."

"Any reason?"

"Umm, yes. My teacher sent me."

He raised his brows giving me a look that I translated to mean 'insolent girl' but he dialed some digits into the intercom anyway and five seconds later I'm in the principal's office.

The office is cold, very cold and I find myself thanking God that I wore a sweater even though it was doing very minimal work in this place. I take in the whole place and I'm awed. There's a whole sitting arrangement of a couch, armchair and center table on a rug in the corner and at another corner is an elegant shelf filled with awards and trophies—mostly gold.

Behind the desk is a fridge and I can only imagine what I would keep in it if this was my office.

Roll call!

"Vanilla ice cream"

"Present."

"Swiss chocolate!"

"Present."

"Cookie dou—"

The sound of the principal clearing her throat snapped me out of my diabeticious reverie.