[12]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

ł ÐłÐЛ'Т ЛΞΞÐ Λ wristwatch to tell me that I spent a lot of time in Reya's  room watching her punish my classmates...and Zainab. She had given them like 14 different really mean things to do before Ms. Angela barged into the room and had to beg her to stop. And when I say beg, I mean beg!

After they left, I didn't know how to go back to my room. How was I supposed to face them after my sister had done all those mean things to them. The way Reya punished them, it seems their dispute goes way back. Or does it? Chisom did mention Reya, didn't she? It was something about Reya and me planning one outing I knew nothing about. But it had something to do with Mitchell...

"Jiji, are you not going to sleep?" Reya asked me. She had gone to her locker to collect her bonnet and now she was coming back to the bed.

"Um, Ms. Angela brought something from mommy." I told her. I just hope this delays my going back for a while.

Reya's eyes lit up, "Seriously? I thought she was ignoring the cries of our stomachs till visiting day!" I shake my head at her words and pass my bag to her. Luckily, the things could be shared equally so we did just that.

"Oya go and sleep." She said and I cringed. I really wish I could just sleep here but I've never been known to know how to share a bed except its a master sized mattress and me and the other person are laying at opposite edges and there's no extra bed in this room so...

"Go and sleep ehh I'm tired." She said yawning and rubbing her eyes. I swear she looked even more exhausted than the souls she just finished torturing. When I still didn't move she raised her head from the pillow and stared at me.

"Jiji, don't tell me you're afraid to go back there." She said looking at me like she did those girls just a few minutes ago while she punished them and I flinched back. "Are you serious?" She got up and came to stand in front of me.

"Get up!" She sounded so serious, I got up immediately. "Let's go. Let me see if they would even dare say anything to you."

When we got to my room, Reya threw open the door and dragged me inside with her. She really had to drag me, because when we got to the door, I could swear my feet got stuck to the ground. Much to my dismay, my roommates were not sleeping like I prayed they would and when we entered everyone stopped what their doing.

"I'm sure you're happy you'd finished insulting me before I surprisingly showed up, right?" Reya said smiling at them.

Her calmness freaks me out, I swear.

"Anyways, I've come to drop off this sister of mine and I'll be on my way."

The room remained quiet for minutes after Reya left before Ayo broke the silence. I wanted to laugh at how they were obviously waiting for Reya to make the journey back to her room...or at least away from hearing distance.

"I'm sorry Ejiro." Ayo spoke. "But I really wish you didn't tell your sister. Most of us—"

"You seriously think it was her?" Chisom turned to Ayo. "Nah, she's to chicken for that."

This girl must really hate me. We had never really bonded, no. But I didn't think we had anything against each other. I didn't think me and any of the girls had anything against each other for Christ sakes! I had never even gotten into a fight with anyone! The way life just goes and fucks you up is unbelievable.

"But, I know who did!" Chisom continues and rushes out the room making a beeline for Room 16. Kadijah's room. Before any of us could think anything about it we heard a loud slap from there.