[18]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 © Tena Ifiemi

####

MФM ϾΛMΞ ТФ PłϾК me and Reya very early that Saturday when my school closed for midterm break.

According to her, she had a friend's party to attend so we were going to spend the night in Lagos and then fly out to PH the next day.

I was quite disappointed cus I wasn't expecting that and I wasn't really one to socialize anyway. Reya on the other hand, was ecstatic. I'm not sure what about exactly, but I heard something about how lit her Instagram story was going to be tonight so I guess that'll be it.

Well at least until she asked mom what she was going to wear for the party and my mom laughed so hard I wondered if she was on something.

Turns out the party wasnt going to be suitable for our age. Reya said she felt betrayed. I just shrugged.

After mom checked us into a suite at the hotel where the party was happening, she told us to change out of our school clothes so she could take us out since we weren't invited for the party. That seemed to appease Reya cus she immediately did just that.

The first place we went to was Coldstone. I had been to the Coldstone in Port Harcourt so the thought of tasting their amazing ice cream again brightened me up. Our Uber was a sleek black Mercedes and the driver kept hitting on my mom who was riding shotgun.

I can't remember how many times she tried to tell him that she wasn't single and 'that the kids were hers' and not her older sister's or something. According to rich Uber driver, though, mom was too young and beautiful to be the mother of two girls.

If only he knew that she had a son who was even older than the two girls. Mom was in her 40s for God's sake!

When we got to Coldstone, he gave mom his phone and she typed something in. He winked at her and when he drove off, my mom burst out laughing.
"I gave him your dads number." She said, answering our silent questions.

Now, that is amazing!

After eating the best ice cream combinations ever we went to Dominoes and had pizza for lunch then we called another Uber to take us back to Eko Atlantic where we were staying even though Mr. Mercedes told mom to call him.

I wonder if he has called dad already...

When it was 7pm, mom came to Reya and I's room to tell us that she was leaving to go for the party downstairs and I had to blink twice at what she was wearing. Yeah, my mom looks amazing all the time, but tonight she looked hot! And those heels, sis!

"Are you wearing a crop hoodie?" Reya was asking, obviously as awed as I was. Mom just winked and left.

"Do you think shell remember that she's married?" Reya asked about a minute later when we both lay on our separate beds.

"Maybe." I said and Reya burst out laughing. I joined in.

We spent the first hour on hour phones since, fortunately for us, the hotel had free Wi-Fi.

Zainab, Mide, Khadi and a few others had already hit me up on WhatsApp which shocked me since the only people I gave my number to were Zain and Mitchel. I replied all of them and chatted a bit before I got bored and Reya offered to open an Instagram account for me.

It was all good when we downloaded the app and installed it and I was actually getting hyped until it was time to think of a username. I was so blank! Who knew, looking for a username could be harder than midterms.

"What about iamejiro?" Reya tried and I gave her a look. "What? iamejiro is a very good username. Or iamjiji. Have you never heard of iamcoleman?" She pressed.

"Umm, yeah. But nobody cares if I am Ejiro or Jiji or whatever." I said lazily but Reya was already having another light bulb moment.

"I know, I know! What about, justjiji? Just like justsolomon!?" She asked but she was already typing it in, not giving me a chance to reply. Choose a password. She told me and I pulled the phone from her. She had already typed in all the details and all that was left was my email and password.

After verifying my email, I started thinking of what would be a suitable password.

"Just put iloveunicorns or BJs or something like that." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Like I'll tell you what I'm going to use. What are BJs anyway?" I asked her but she just waved me off saying it wasn't important.

I had finished setting up my account and Reya used it to follow iamcoleman, justsolomon, newton utere and shawnfoster saying that they'll be a blessing to my feed, whatever that is. She was giving me a shout out on her own Instagram when we heard a knock on the door. Reya got up to check but I stopped her halfway to the door.

"Have you never heard not to answer the door in a hotel if you're not expecting anyone? It could be a serial killer!"

"Shut up Jiji. Its probably just room service." Reya said.

"Reya, mom didn't say anything about room service!" I pressed.

"Well she should've, I'm starving if you're not. She said opening the door."

Not room service, but not serial killer either.

"Hey! I'm Rachel and you're about to have the craziest night of your lives."

The person standing at our door was fair with short curly hair and she was about Reya's height.

"Umm wrong room?" I said coming to stand behind Reya.

I mean, she had to be lost right? Its not every day, someone in a nightie and fuzzy slippers (that you don't know) appears at the door of your hotel room saying you're going to have the craziest night of your lives.

Isn't this the part of the movie where they say DA-DA-DUN!?

Am I the only one getting major Babysitter 2 vibes?

####

Hello, people!!
Its been long, I know, I know and I'm sorry!😩
Jiji is not the only one that goes to boarding school y'know.
And I know, I should've said something before I left, but believe me when I say there was no time.

I'm still in school, actually, but I just had to find a way to update.

Hope you like this chapter! And yeah, today is my birthday🤭, probably why I was so hyped to update.

Hope you had a nice day, cause well, I did.

See you!

Tena!