[39]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2021 Tena Ifiemi

####

              | Damian Briggs |

This Ejiro girl had to be some kind of undercover fairy with magical powers because how she unconsciously keeps me going after her, I don't even understand. I've tried to recall if I've ever felt this way about anybody before now but it's not even possible. I can't watch kissing scenes in movies anymore without my nerves going haywire.

I'm convinced I've gone mad when I rush into the bathroom after viewing Reya's status. It was a selfie she took inside a car and both her and Ejiro were in view, although Ejiro probably didn't even know the picture was being taken. She was looking out the window and most likely lost in her own world as usual.

Who is going to be in spar today!!??

That had been the caption and I didn't need an explanation to make my decision. I had to see Ejiro and I knew where she would be today. The problem was, I'd been shit to her lately and I don't know if she would want to see me but then, if I let today slip out my fingers (now that I knew where she was), I was really going to go mad.

Getting my ass to Spar had been easy, but finding Ejiro in the gigantic mall, (with the crowd that was way more than usual due to the season) I didn't think that through. I scratched the back of my head as I looked around again to no avail.

Then I had an idea.

"Yes..." I stressed, "That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Sorry, say it again." She said and I felt my temple start to pulse.

"Khadijah, you're going to make me explode."

She laughed, "I'm not the one stalking the love of my life."

To my horror, that made me blush, "Look, all you have to do is call her, okay? Call her and ask her were she is."

"She'll say she's at the mall, how does that help?"

"Stop making this sound harder than it is, you girls love gist. When she says she's at the mall, ask her something like, 'so what are you buying right now?' It's that easy Khadijah and you know it!"

"You're right, I do." She said and I could almost hear her evil smile.

"You're evil." I say.

"Are we going to negotiate what you owe me, if I help you."

I sighed, "We'll do that when you tell me where she is."

So now, here I was, watching her from where I stood, I don't recall her having a baby sibling and her mom didn't look pregnant the last time I saw her but she stood, holding a pram by the handles. She looked around like she was waiting for someone and when she ducked her head to look inside the pram I finally cajoled myself to walk over.

I was standing there when she came back up and when she saw me she was obviously very surprised because she took a step back and might've fallen if I didn't immediately reach for her. "Ejiro."

She stared at me for seconds and what felt like minutes. I couldn't decipher the emotions her face held but I held her stare. This girl was so fucking beautiful and although it was hot that she wasn't easy to win over, I was sooner going to die in anticipation. I was so distracted, I didn't see when her eyes left mine. It was when she tried to maneuver herself and the pram around me that I snapped myself back to reality and blocked her way.

"Ejiro, hey, I didn't expect to see you here." I lied. I was very nervous but I hoped it didn't show.

"Likewise." She said and I laughed uncomfortably even as the ice in her words made me shiver.