[08]

Life of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

ÐłÐ ł HΞΛЯ ϾФЯЯΞϾТŁЏ and did Ayomide really just say I should follow her to meet this 'Damian Briggs'?

Someone I've never even met before! What am I going to do?! Stand there feeling very uncomfortably out of place while all my classmates chatted with their friend? I know one thing though, this is going to be very awkward.

Ayo pulled me all the way across the basketball court before I started pulling back.

"Ayomide!" I said putting as much seriousness into my voice as I could muster.

"Ejiro!"

"Yes?" I answered and she palmed her forehead, shaking her head at the same time.

What did I say?

"Why are you answering me?" She asked and I stared at her.

Wasn't I supposed to?

"Cause you called me?"

"No, you called me and I answered you and now you're basically answering my reply."

I was silent for a while and she glared at me daring me not to understand what she said.

"Ohhhhhhh..." I really didn't understand.

"Dumb girl."

Ouch.

"Ayo please let's not go! Look, they're already coming back. There's really no point wasting time and energy walking all the way down there. My legs hurt already!" I begged but she just smiled at me.

"Shut up. You're just shy."

"I guess, but you have to understand that I haven't met him before and its going to be very awkward. What am I supposed to do?"

"How about, you say 'Hi'?" She said and continued dragging me.

"Ayo, look!" I said pointing to a very random spot on the field. "Reya is telling me to come. I think my mom is on the phone again."

Ayo squinted at the spot I was pointing at for a long time before letting go of my hand.

"If I find out that you're lying..." I didn't let her finish before I ran off to were 'Reya' was waiting for me.

Is it bad that I was glad that Ayo was shortsighted and only wore her glasses in class? Well, I wasn't exactly glad about her shortsightedness but at the moment I was thrilled.

After walking around the field and watching the guys play football for almost an hour the sports master declared that sports was over and I finally decided it was time to go back to my classmates. I also realized at that point, the distance from the field to the basketball bleachers were they were.

"Jiji!"

Reya.

"Isn't it a wonderful day?" She said throwing her arm over my shoulder.

"What?"

"Can you please not do that right now?"

"Do what?"

Okay, what is going on here?

"You always act so nonchalant about everything! But not right now, okay?"

"Okay." I said and she shook her head.

Well, what was I supposed to say. This is even more awkward than meeting Damian Briggs. Me and Reya never had real conversations so if that's what she's trying to do...