[27]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

©2021 Tena Ifiemi

####

still don't know my name - labyrinth ♪

####

*trigger warning*

łТ ШΛS ШΞłЯÐ.

One minute, I was asleep on my bed, in the hostel and the next I was sitting in the living room of my house tapping away on my phone. And since I'm not stranger to my memories, I know exactly what happens next.

"Jiji dear."

"Uncle Ovie!" 9 year old me runs to hug her favorite uncle. "What did you buy for me?"

After that scene, everything usually changes and then the whole nightmare becomes unpredictable and I don't know what next to expect except the ending. It always ends the same way.

"Actually, I've come to take you somewhere." He says and in a flash, I find myself in school again but this time we're in the football field and everyone is watching the guys play but soon enough, they're watching Uncle Ovie turn me into a sobbing, sore, bloody mess on the floor and then I was my fifteen year old self again.

The whole school was there. Teachers, students, everybody and they just watched the whole thing happen. And I know I was being violated but I'll still like to say, I have never felt so violated. If that makes any sense.

I blink once and everyone disappears, except me, Uncle Ovie and... Damian. Damian was standing beside my limp body and just stares down at me with a disgusted look on his face.

And then he walks away.

I woke up panting, tears flowing down my face and sweat soaking up my clothes. I didn't scream though, I was far too used to the horror to still be doing that. But one thing I wasn't used to was such an ending. Why did Damian have to be in it. Why did my whole school have to be in it. Why did he have to ruin my life. I kept on sobbing until I heard someone speak,

"Are you okay?"

It was Khadi. Startled at how loud her whisper had seemed in the quiet and the fact that I wasn't even expecting anyone to be awake, I rolled off the bed and landed on the floor with a thump. She rushed to my side in an instant but before she could get to me, I hurriedly wiped my face.

Khadi helps me up and helps me back to my bed. My hands were shaking, I realized, when she held them in hers. I was terrified both for the fact that I had that awful nightmare and the fact that she was awake. I didn't want to raise any unnecessary concern. I didn't want anyone to feel the need to want to know what's wrong. To know if I'm okay.

"Hey, Ejiro. Are you good, now? What was that about?" Khadi asked. I couldn't see her clearly but I was sure there'll be concern written all over her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said rubbing my face, only to feel wetness. "It was just a dream." I dismissed, pulling up my duvet.

But Khadi wasn't just going to be dismissed. "It wasn't just a dream. I heard you saying 'No' and 'Please stop' in this your so called dream and then you wake up crying."

I tensed. Do, I talk out loud when I have nightmares? I haven't had them in a long time but even when I did, I always wake up alone so there's no way I'd know. But this is bad. If this continues, then I could risk people finding out!

"Just forget about it." I said, desperately hoping she does. I swear, if she asks about this again I might snap.

"Fine." She says after a full minute of silence as if she was contemplating actually dropping the matter.