[15]

Life Of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

ΛЏФ GΞЛТŁЏ ϾŁФSΞÐ ТHΞ door behind us, bringing me back to earth.

Ejiro, what was my phone doing in your wardrobe?

Well, I'd actually like to know because I don't understand what's going on here.

"I don't understand." I say, voicing out my thoughts.

Damilola spoke calmly, but you could tell that she was anything but calm. "Let me explain it to you." She said. "We continued our wardrobe search immediately I got back to the hostel and when I checked your locker I found my phone there. Under your night wears. Do you understand now?"

"I understand that, I guess. But what I really don't understand is how it got there." I said. "I didn't put it there."

I may be quiet but I'm not going to stutter and act scared. This is insane. Somebody put Damilola's phone in my wardrobe to frame me! This has to end now because it has gotten too much.

The door was pushed open and all of us turned to see the intruder. It was Nini.

"What's going on?" She asked looking at all of us.

"You're roommate stole my phone."  Dami said looking at me.

Oh no, she didn't!

"I didn't steal your phone! I don't know how you guys found it in my locker but I didn't put it there." I said between my teeth. My patience right then, wearing on a very thin line.

"What do you want from me?" She screamed. "First, you and your sister stole my boyfriend from me and now you want to steal my phone? Can't your parents afford one for you?"

...and all hell broke loose.

"Hey, hey, hey, look Damilola, for your own good, you need to start vomiting all the bull shit Chisom is feeding you with about me. I did not know either you or Mitchell before I came to this school and I'm just finding out this night that you guys used to go out. I'm sorry about the whole thing but I have no part in it and you really need to move on. You need to face the fact that its over. And there's no need to insult me about what my parents can and cannot afford just because you think I stole your phone." I said eyeing the iPhone 6 in her hand.

I nearly laughed, thinking about the Samsung A50 I used presently and the iPhone 11 I'd get when I graduate from high school. Of all things to say, its that my parents can't afford iPhone 6. The only reason I don't use an iPhone right now is because my parents decided we wait till uni before any of us started using the apple phones.

"You're mad!" Damilola said raising her hand to hit me. It happened so fast I didn't even see it coming but her twin sister apparently did because she moved swiftly grabbing Dami's hand and pulling her towards her bed.

"I'm telling you she stole it Nini! Look at how she was quiet when I was telling you people about it. She didn't even follow us to do the search!"

"If you had any bit of sense left in you Damilola, you'd realize that if I really stole it, knowing that you guys were going to eventually check my wardrobe, I'd have removed it from there when I was the only one in the room and looked for a better place to hide it." I burst out. My head started to ache again from all the shouting I've been doing and I began to feel faint.

"Speaking like a professional thief." I thought I heard Damilola murmur but I choose to ignore it.

Mostly because she spoke so quietly as if she knew what would've happened if she had said it to my face. I'm tired of being careful. Right now, I didn't care about consequences.