[20]

Life of Jiji

All Rights Reserved

2020 ©Tena Ifiemi

####

ł ШФКΞ UP ШłТH a headache which only got worse when I turned to my side and had the sun shine its rays straight into my eyes. I groaned and jumped out of bed. I drew the curtains closed before noticing that Reya wasn't in bed.

Did she sleep over there? What time did they even end the party?

I made my way over to my bed and lay down closing my eyes again, trying to reminisce all that happened last night. From that Rachel girl coming here and telling us we were about to have the craziest night of our lives

Evans and his name which coincided with my kidnapper thoughts

Braid over-spiking the Chapman

I got a bit tipsy

Damian calling

I open my eyes and rush to check my phone, noting that the time was already 10:37am before checking my call logs.

Damian really called!

And he didn't believe I was in a party but he still thought I was drunk.

I laugh to myself.

Then he told me to go to bed and I did.

I frown.

Are you mad Ejiro? Since when did you do things because some boy tells you to?

Dragging my hand along my face, I got up and threw my phone back on the bed, suddenly feeling the urge to pee. Crossing the short distance, I threw open the bathroom door and a surprised Reya jerked up from her sitting position on the floor, her back against the wall.

Things that happened last night hmmm? Oh yeah!

My sister made out with a boy she just met and cheated on my stupid friend who never stops talking about her and who happens to be her boyfriend.

"Excuse me, I need to pee." I told her.

"I can't stand. Go ahead and do your business, I'll cover my eyes." She said and I sucked in my lips.

She actually looked really bad. She had eye bags and she probably threw up but I really didn't want to have sympathy for her right now.

"Please just go. I won't be comfortable." I said and she drags herself up giving me a wistful look just before shutting the door behind her.

After emptying my bladder, I go back into the room and Reya is on her bed and she's dragged the covers all the way over her head so I can't tell if she's sleeping or not. But before I could dwell more on that, a ding from my phone told me that I had a new notification so I crawled back into my bed.

The message was from Damian and without even knowing, my lips stretched into a smile. I caught myself soon enough and pulled my stubborn lips back down.

Not literally, of course!

This was the first time I was going to be chatting with Damian on WhatsApp and there were already four unread messages. My hand hovered over his name for a few seconds before I finally tapped and opened it.

The first message was, Hi! with the grey moon emoji.

From the time of the message, we were probably still in the party when he sent it. And he had to have sent the next one before he called me because it said,

Jijiiiiiiii!!! If you don't reply now, I'm going to call you. You can't be sleeping already!

An hour after that message was the third one. A voice note.