s e v e n

c h a p t e r  7

Gyeoul sat idly on one of the store's benches, plotting more ways to escape the place. It would have been fine if the person that dragged her there entertained her even for a moment but she two hours had already passed and Minho had done nothing but ignore her presence.

If he was getting annoyed with her already, he wasn't showing any signs.

Gyeoul's convinced she was though. And if not, it somehow made things worse.

He could literally get rid of her by just unlocking his car from where he was stationed. It baffled her that he wasn't willing to do even that.

"I'm hungry." She announced, glaring at the figure behind the counter. "I could just buy something since I am in a convenience store but some jerk has my wallet hostage." She raised her voice, making sure it reached the receiver. "Just putting that out there." She added as an attempt to guilt the boy.

Minho's eyes never left the screen of his phone. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're asking me out on a date." He deadpanned.

Gyeoul –not so subtly– slammed her head on the table, finally accepting her fate.

"How many more hours until your shift ends?" She whined.

"Three."

The girl let out an inhumane screech.

She considered walking home. But then quickly decided against it since she knew to herself she would not last five minutes.

She was not exactly lying when she said she was hungry. It was nearing ten in the evening and she had not eaten anything yet. She was beginning to regret declining Seoyun's offer for dinner.

She settled on clutching her stomach as she cursed the villain endlessly inside her head. For the mean time, she killed the time by playing with her phone.

"What's your favourite food?" Minho's voice broke the half hour silence.

Gyeoul spared him a glance, wondering if it was his way of making conversation.

"Chicken." She answered shortly, going back to her phone.

The boy snorted at this.

Is he seriously shaming me for having chicken as a favourite food?

The girl was convinced that he thought of chicken as peasant food.

•••

The fourth ding of the bell that signalled another customer was enough to make Gyeoul go mad. Her brain was practically deteriorating by the fifth ding. She wondered how many dings it will take to finally kill her.

At the sixth ding, a boy with long blonde haired entered the store. The visuals of the said boy was enough to revive her back to life.

"Hyunjin." Minho called out.

Gyeoul's eyes shamelessly followed the tall figure as it skipped towards Minho. "Hello!" It greeted, obviously happy.