t e n

c h a p t e r 10

"You look hot." Yeji commented, seeing her roommate's reflection from the mirror.

"That's because I am." Gyeoul slid her phone inside her jean pocket along with some cash, refusing to bring a bag.

The universe had its way in teaching you that one does not always get what they want. If anything, it gives you the opposite. What a bitch. And there Gyeoul was, clasping on a necklace to complete her outfit for the party that she had just sworn she was going to avoid.

Either she was easily swayed or Yeji was just a damn good persuader.

Gyeoul scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, wanting to say something that has been bugging her mind for the past few days. She bit the insides of her cheeks, debating whether she should just say it.

As Yeji was dusting on some blush, the worrier finally sighed.

"Listen, I haven't got the chance to properly thank you." Gyeoul said.

Yeji's brows furrowed in confusion.

"You know? For helping me out in the gym." She pointed at her concealed bruise.

"Oh! That's nothing. If it weren't for Minho, who knows what would have happened to you." Yeji shook her head in frustration upon recalling the memory.

"Minho?"

"Yeah! It was a good thing that he forced me to meet there." She smiled at her reflection, satisfied with how her makeup was going. "So, there's no need for thank yous. We're practically besties now!"

Gyeoul did not know whether to cringe, laugh, or cry. Before she could ask another question, Yeji had already spoken.

"Anyway, we're gonna walk there. Do you mind? I plan on getting wasted tonight and I am not about to drive under the influence of alcohol." Yeji smiled as she finished up her look by applying some gloss.

She decided to let the matter slide.

"Not at all." Gyeoul slumped down on her bed, waiting for her new roommate to finish. She not-so discretely observed Yeji as she bounced all over their shared room. She wondered how a ball of sunshine like her became friends with a person like Minho. And with that thought, she wondered whether said boy would be going too.

As if Yeji had heard her thoughts, she read a text message before announcing that Minho was waiting by the common room.

Said boy was sitting idly by the couches, busying himself with his cellphone. He was so engrossed with the cat video playing on his device that he had not noticed the whispers of the many girls that had passed by him.

It was difficult not to give a second –or even a third– glance when it came to Minho. Needless to say, he was definitely attractive. With a face like that, many wondered how they would act if they were blessed with such visuals. Additionally, he had that mysterious aura that would instantly draw you in. It was almost unfair that he was also talented in singing and dancing. Let us not bother to discuss his perfect GWA.

Like, how perfect could one individual get?

"Minho!"