t w e n t y - t w o

c h a p t e r  22

"I'm bored."

Crack.

Gyeoul didn't even notice that she was writing a little too aggressively that the lead of her pencil had broken. She put it down before taking a deep breath as an attempt to calm her head.

The prying brown haired boy peered over from the foot of her bed to frown at the pencil. "That's the third time." He pointed out the progressively growing stack of graphite on her desk. She said nothing and just grabbed for the sharpener, reviving the three inch pencil. "You should switch to mechanical pencils." He said, pursing his lips.

He looked quite comfortable on her bed. He was lying on it, stomach down, feet crossed in the air, chin on both hand.

Once again, she said nothing.

"I'm hungry." He announced. It was one of the many announcements for the past hour.

Gyeoul sighed. "You have thumbs, Minho." She said, twisting the pencil one last time before meeting his confused stare. "Suck them." She glowered.

"Are you still angry at me?" He smirked, crawling closer.

She scoffed, turning to her notes. "Please."

"Jealous, then?"

She scoffed again. "What's there to be jealous of?" She asked incredulously.

"You tell me." He smiled sickeningly sweet, which irked her since he was obviously taking pleasure in the situation.

She smiled sarcastically. "The only thing she has that I don't is probably dentures." She hissed.

He laughed at that.

•••

Yesterday

Gyeoul didn't know where she stood in their less than normal relationship. They obviously had feelings for each other–hell he even kissed her! But...then what? Was that it? Was it just a kiss? Or was it an official mark of their–whatever.

No. Not whatever.

After that little incident, Minho steered clear of being in close proximity with her. He stayed for a few more hours but did nothing else apart from annoy her. Was she disappointed? Maybe. One thing's for sure, he entered the room with her confused and left her with more questions. She could just ask though but the thousand pounds of pride in her system prevented her to. She was waiting to see if her curiosity would trump it. Expectedly, she decided to do the next best thing. Ignore the matter.

She walked across their veranda to enter the mansion.

At the moment, she was just glad that her cold dissipated quickly to allow her to make the best of her summer. One of which was earning income. The summer break was about to end and so were her sessions with Areum. Unfortunately for the said girl, the aneurysm never came.

"What's up, Seungmin." She greeted the boy who was once again, munching on some jellies. He waved happily, a blue strip dangling from his lips. He offered the bag of sweets to her to which she shook her head to. She couldn't possibly take one when it looked like it was his source of energy.