t w e n t y - f o u r

c h a p t e r 24

"Wow. Their americano's really good." Jeongin intervened when he noticed that Minho looked nowhere near to coming in between the two girls. The latter remained enjoying the matcha cheesecake. "'Kinda tastes like coffee, you know?" He chuckled awkwardly when the two girls kept their stares, both refusing to look away.

"Americano is coffee, Jeongin." Minho said flatly.

Jeongin softly tapped his forehead, as if he just realised. "Oh, duh. You learn something new everyday, huh?" He smiled, closed lip.

Aria was first to tear her eyes by looking at Minho instead. "So, seven?" She raised her eyebrows.

He lifted the sleeves of his hoodie. "Can't." He mumbled, checking his wrist watch. "Busy with my cats." He finished seriously.

Gyeoul failed to stop herself from laughing which resulted to spluttering noises. She found it satisfying that he did not even think of a better excuse. Then again, it might not have been an excuse. Minho was evidently satisfied by her reaction and responded by smiling innocently at her. Gyeoul immediately stopped laughing and wiped her expression blank. She felt pitiful towards the demonic vessel in front of them and decided to stand up.

"I hate to cut this get-together short but If you all would excuse me, I would literally kill to be somewhere else other than this pathetic atmosphere, so..." She did a curtesy before beginning to walk away. As she was passing the table, the she-demon "accidentally" spills her coffee with her elbow, staining the bottom of Gyeoul's pants and white shoes. Fortunately it was iced, if not, Gyeoul would have taken the cup and spilled what was left of it on Aria.

"Omo! Sorry. I am such a klutz." Aria pouted, looking everything but apologetic.

Gyeoul snickered, shaking the ice cubes off her feet. "It's fine. You got that trait from your mother?" She asked.

Aria simply replied by raising her brows in wonder.

"She probably dropped you on your head when you were a baby too." Gyeoul said before finally leaving the hellish place. She heard Jeongin's reluctant whimpers but decided to ignore it as she was feeling the heat rise to her head. She marched away with a scowl, her damp hem hitting her ankles ever so often. She was gritting her teeth so hard that she took a mental note to visit the dentist soon.

She was not surprised with the figure that caught up and was then marching next to her. "Class?" Minho asked a little too calmly.

"She lacks." Gyeoul deadpanned.

He chuckled. "I meant do you have class?"

"Damn right, I do."

Minho was fighting his smirk. "Are you going to class?"

Gyeoul kept quiet as she suddenly felt irritated by him. For what reason? She doesn't know. Maybe she does but is again, ultimately ignoring it. It was the feminine urge to blame all things that is going South to men.

"Cold shoulder, huh?" Minho wondered out loud. He was a little too skippy to her liking. "Is this my cue to grab you by the wrist, spin you around, and stare lovingly into your eyes while I assure you that there is no one else but you?"

Gyeoul was both baffled and embarrassed at how the most ridiculous question made her heart jump. "This is your cue to leave." She does a sharp turn and enters a public restroom, leaving him outside. She rested her hands on the sink and put her entire weight on it while looking down. Thankfully, she was alone.