f i f t e e n

c h a p t e r 15

Miso

The name has been running through Gyeoul's mind for quite some time now. It was actually starting to be embarrassing. She told herself that she was only hung up on the name because she couldn't help but wonder why it seemed so familiar. As if she had heard the name before.

There was no other reason to be hung up, right? Right. Simply out of curiosity. She couldn't possibly be jealous. No way. That's fucking stupi-

"Okay, you could have just said I was wrong. No need to call me 'stupid'." Areum was already erasing her answer.

Shit. Was I thinking out loud?

Gyeoul snapped out of her thoughts and hastily apologized. "No! That's correct. Sorry, I was out of it." She groaned before dropping the pencil she had been fumbling with. She pinched the bridge of her nose, already feeling a headache coming.

Areum raised a brow in wonder. "Boy problem?"

Gyeoul prevented the shock from showing. "Is there any other causes for headaches?" She snickered.

The younger nodded in agreement. "Don't even waste your time stressing over them. Boys are stupid." She murmured, glaring at her worksheet.

Gyeoul had noticed that Areum's grip on the pencil had tightened. Obviously, her words meant something.

Gyeoul pursed her lips to hide a smile. "So, who is it?" She nudged her shoulder teasingly.

Areum's face glowed a bright red. "Who's who?" She asked, feigning innocence.

"Oh, come on. I won't tell anyone." Gyeoul laughed, finding the younger's flushing state rather refreshing.

It did not take much convincing.

"His name is Han Jisung." Areum doodled on the worksheet, avoiding Gyeoul's teasing eyes. "He's a year older and friends with both Seungmin and Minho." She pouted, seeming to be disappointed with the fact.

"Well, what's the problem with that?"

"He only sees me as his friend's younger sister and nothing else." The tight grip on the pencil was back. "Whatever. He's stupid anyway." She quickly added, embarrasssed.

Gyeoul could not help but laugh. "But have you told this Jisung about your feelings?"

"In a way.." Areum muttered.

"How?"

"I set his clothes in fire."

Gyeoul felt her headache worsening. "Lovely." She said. Okay, she was not much of a charmer. Actually, she does not have experience in the confessing department but she was sure as hell that wasn't the ideal way to go. That, she knew as much. "You sure love setting things on fire."

Areum shrugged nonchalantly. "We have a love-hate relationship."

Gyeoul was getting culture shocked by the younger's generation's pursuing methods. Was she really getting that old?