s e v e n t e e n

c h a p t e r 17

"One game." Gyeoul got up from where she was lying, desperate to get away from Minho. She was afraid that he would be able to hear the hammering in her chest. She took the flower from her ear, placing it on one of the tables.

"Wait."

Gyeoul halted in her steps, raising a brow.

"You're gonna play in that?" He asked.

Gyeoul scanned herself. She took off the sheer top she was wearing and was left in a bralette and denim shorts. The brow she had raised never lowered. "What about it?" She asked back.

They were at the beach. What else was she supposed to wear? A damn turtleneck?

"Hot."

"I know right." Gyeoul spun around to hide the blush creeping in. Before she could take a step outside, her skin burned more when Minho pulled her back by the wrist.

He sighed as if he was in pain. He pursed his lips before throwing his head back. Suddenly, he took something out from his pockets before placing it in her hands. "Don't burn yourself." He said before stepping out first.

Gyeoul's eyes followed his figure who was casually tossing the ball in the air. Her eyes went back to scan the bottle in her hands.

"He does bring sunscreen around."  She murmured, recalling Yeji's words. She quickly applied it all over her body before jogging after him.

The entire place was immaculate. There were no other words to describe it. The sea was immaculate. The sky was immaculate. The people were immaculate. She could actually hear the OST of Boys Over Flowers playing in the background.

Gyeoul had to keep a hand on her hair to prevent it from frizzing up due to the blowing of the wind. As she was walking along the beachside, she toyed with the sand by kicking it with her feet. She pressed a hand on her lips to supress a laugh when she kicked a little too hard, decorating Minho's backside with sand. He slowly spun around in the most haunting manner, frowning. Gyeoul merely threw a peace sign.

"What took you so long?" A voice whined when they approached the already set up net.

"Oh! It's that hot kid." Gyeoul said under her breath.

Minho who stood beside her heard this. He glared at her openly to which the girl replied with a shrug. "I don't know his name." She justified.

She recalled that he was the blonde kid who walked inside the convenience store when Minho had kidnapped her. She remembered that he had called out his name that night but that she had forgotten.

"It's that cute kid from the party." She pointed out, seeing the two high school boys from the other side of the net. The said cute boy waved happily upon seeing the familiar face.

Minho threw the ball at the two before turning to Gyeoul, his tongue poking the insides of his cheek. "They have names. It's Hyunjin and Jeongin." He sneered.

"Yeah, I'm calling them hot and cute kid." Gyeoul dismissed with a wave of a hand. "You're not the only one bad with names." She added.