t w e n t y - s i x

c h a p t e r  26

"I don't appreciate being dragged around like this." Gyeoul said but made no effort in pulling herself back. She almost tripped when Minho pulled her body closer to him before a group of running freshmen could collide with her. He clicked his tongue shooting a frown at them before turning his attention to the girl.

"I paid a million won. I deserve at least an ounce of your time." Minho replied blankly.

"Hey, no one forced you, buddy." Gyeoul sneered. "It's nice to know that you think you can buy me." She said sarcastically.

He finally decided to let her go when they reached the less crowded part of the campus. He narrowed his eyes at her. "You were about to give your number for 500." He pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest.

Gyeoul shrugged. "I would give myself to you for none." She murmured nonchalantly.

Minho's eyes narrowed even more as the girl shot him an innocent smile with a slight tilt of the head. He cursed silently as he betrayed himself by the ghost of a smirk. He had to admit, that comment made him feel good. Shit, even ecstatic. Before he could talk, a beaming boy inserted himself between the two.

"Hello! Are you perhaps Choi Gyeoul?" The boy smiled, his cat-like features emphasized. He was literally bouncing on his feet.

Said girl turned to the younger with a raised brow. "Who's asking?"

The boy raised a cheap wedding veil and a bouquet. "You are requested at the wedding booth." He giggled.

Gyeoul's face morphed into confusion but before she could ask for more details, Minho spoke first. "Jungwon." He called the boy.

Said Jungwon turned to the older. "Oh! Minho! Didn't see you there. Have you visited our booth? It's right by the Fine Arts buildi-" The younger's advertisement was cut short by Minho's clap on his shoulder.

"I know where you'll find Choi Gyeoul." Minho's eyes seemed darker upon hearing the request of the girl's presence at the booth that was definitely not his doing.

Jungwon's brows raised in wonder. "Oh? Is she not her? I was told that it was the pretty one with white hair-" The younger trailed off upon seeing the older's scarily blank expression. Jungwon cleared his throat before hiding the flimsy props behind him. "So where?" He asked apprehensively.

Minho pulled him closer, pointing at a distance. "Do you see that balcony over there? Yeah. That one. It's going to take some practice but if you jump over it, you'll find her." He said seriously.

To which Jungwon hummed in understanding. "Okay." He said seriously with pursed lips, seeming to be determined. With a smile, he bid the two goodbye before scurrying away.

Gyeoul was watching the exchange in bewilderment. Minho returned her gaze with a satisfied scoff.

"That's literally homicide." She said a little worried for Jungwon.

Minho shrugged. "Manslaughter, to be specific."

She glared. "The fact that you are aware, makes it murder."

He shook his head, no. "I simply want to procure serious injuries."

"To which you will get prosecuted for nonetheless." She shot back, more agitated with his replies.