o n e

c h a p t e r  1

It was nearing summer time which meant only one thing for the university students.

Finals week.

It was a bright and early Monday morning. The students were either bustling to complete each of their many requirements or simply just breaking down because of it. It was a critical time for all of them. They were no longer in high school which meant there was no place for slacking. It was no secret that it was a bloody battlefield in college.

Everyone in the room 325 seemed to take note of this. They were all preparing for their group presentations that was going to greatly affect their grades. Each member of each group seemed to be all set.

Except for one.

"What the hell?" A guy who looked way older than his actual age had hollered. Clad in a varsity jacket that is two sizes too small and in the most ugliest shade of yellow, he looked like a he was about to audition for the Bee Movie.

A girl with platinum blonde hair handed out the copies of their final paper together with a few notes to her now three group mates.  She sat idly on her seat, ignoring the huge bee. "I revised the final paper and prepared a script. I also wrote down the possible questions at the last page so prepare for that as well." She said flatly, lazily flipping through her own copy.

"Yah! Choi Gyeoul!" The bee's loud roar echoed all over. It was so loud that the room seemed to shake. Everyone's eyes was now on them. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He shouted once more, snatching the papers from the said girl, tossing it to the floor in anger.

Gyeoul had sighed loudly, not bothering to hide the roll of her eyes. She stood up to pick the discarded papers and as she was bending to pick it up, her extended hand balled into a fist when the bee kicked the papers away with his heel.

There were whispers all over that Gyeoul could not help but wonder whether people had actual lives of their own. Was the whispering really necessary? But then again, there was attention seeker in front of her.

She stood straight, finally facing the bee. Her hand itched to slap the yellow monster silly upon seeing it with the most revolting smirk ever. That expression of him did not last however when the girl had merely given a 'what'.

"Why did you take my name out of the final paper?" It seethed.

Gyeoul's expression remained passive. "You did nothing."

The bee was no longer yellow anymore. He was now red. His face was as red as the F that he was about to get. "I told you I had an emergency!" He said with gritted teeth.

"I gave you two weeks."

"My mother is in the hospital!"

"Looks like she'll be staying longer once she finds out that her 4th year son had failed yet another 2nd year subject." Gyeoul turned her back, finally being able to pick up the papers.

While all of that was happening, amongst everyone, a boy with dark brown hair sat comfortably on his chair watching everything unfold. He seemed to be less interested compared to everyone else. In fact, he was actually bothered by being woken up by the noise.

"Minho, have you reviewed the script yet?" Yeji scolded the boy although her eyes could not help but be glued to the on-going argument in front of them. Being two seats behind, they had a clear view.

The boy merely gave a wave of a hand. "I've got it, mom." He sneered.

Yeji did not bother to respond and instead gasped when the bee had grabbed Gyeoul by the collars. Before Yeji could stand up to intervene, Minho had already stopped her by grabbing the hem of her sleeves. He did not say anything and instead gestured to the front door opening. The professor walked in, oblivious to whatever was happening.

Gyeoul was immediately released from the bee's hold. She dusted her collars, seeming to be disgusted by being held and walked back to her seat. She shot a look at her three group mates, wordlessly asking whether they had anything to say. Fortunately for her, they remained silent.

She ignored the burning glare thrown her way and happily reviewed their paper.

While the professor was doing a roll call, Yeji lets out a sigh of admiration in her seat. "I could never kick anyone out of a group work." She stared shamelessly st Gyeoul. "She's so cool." She added, her eyes seeming to water a little.

Minho's brows twisted together in confusion. "Sounds a little troublesome to me." He shrugged before burying his face in his arms that were folded over his desk.

Initially, he wanted to get some shut eye but his eyes somehow wondered back to the girl with the platinum hair. Her hair was so white, it blended with the walls perfectly. It was almost eerie that she was pale as a sheet as well.

As she was reaching for something in her bag that was behind her, their eyes found each other. He did not look away. He was not even remotely embarrassed for being caught staring.

Gyeoul was first to tear her eyes away.

(a/n: 3rd person pov :))