Sickness on Valentines

You awoke with a groan and a pulsing headache. Squeezing your eyes back shut, rolling over to shove your face in the pillow, to block out the blinding light streaming in through your curtains. You immediately regretted smothering yourself to keep from the light as a coughing fit tore right through you.

You roll back over and grab your phone to check the time, 2:30 pm, and to see if you had any notifications. Your eyes widened at the text sent from your boyfriend Lucifer:

"I am on the way for our date darling 😈."

You looked at the time and then back to when the text was sent and saw it was sent a half an hour ago.

"Shit." You hissed, the scratchiness your throat felt making you winced. Lucifer was due over any second. You hastily leave the comfort of your bed, having to steady yourself for just a moment, before you threw on whatever clothes you deemed were presentable but were also comfortable. You grab your Valentines gifts for Lucifer: some heart shaped cookies you baked (with the help of Dan surprisingly) and a cute bear with some devil horns.  You leave your bedroom and you had to grip onto the door frame to wait for the room to finish spinning.

"Devilish delivery here!" You hear Lucifer enter your home. Glancing up, you saw him carrying a box of chocolates and a plushie of your favorite stuffed animal. Your eyes caught his rich, dark eyes and  you saw a look of concern on his face. "Are you alright, darling?"

"I feel like your dad is spinning the damn globe." You attempt to joke, but your forced laugh turned into a brief coughing fit. "I'm sorry, Lucifer. I don't think I can go out today. It seems like I've caught a cold."

"Don't apologize." He took his gifts from your arms and placed a chaste kiss on your warm cheek. "I am Lucifer Morningstar, the reservation can be moved with the snap of my fingers. Why don't we watch some cheesy movies and I can order us whatever you want for dinner?"

"I would love that Lucifer. And I love you." You smile and shivered. Lucifer quickly set down the gifts and swept you off your feet. You yelped and grab on to him as he took you to your couch (which was a short distance). You laugh as you watch him dart into your bedroom to grab some blankets before dumping onto the couch.

"I love you too my sick little human." He booped your nose and sat next to you, pulling you into an embrace. You melted into his warmth and smiled as he began looking through the movies.

"How about Titanic-"

"We are not watching Titanic. Dreadful. My brother Balthazar almost went back to stop the ship to prevent the movie. I agreed he should have."

You laugh and roll your eyes. "What about My Bloody Valentine?"

"I love a good horror movie."