Nothing Inbetween

Request: I have a request for Lucifer. Idk if you caught up but I really don't like his mom. So how about fallen angel! Wife! Reader being really annoyed about his mother appearance and she's trying to keep as much distance from his mother as well as keeping Lucifer away from her? hope you understand

Lucifer was blissfully unaware. Although he was completely worried and confused. You, his fallen wife, has been avoiding him and your shared penthouse for the past few weeks, ever since his mother came to town. He had no worries of you being unfaithful of course since you both are bonded for eternity, but he was confused nonetheless.

Lucifer sat up in his penthouse, sipping a cup of whiskey, waiting for Maze to arrive. He glanced to his mother, who was reading a gossip magazine, then glanced to the picture of him and you. He huffed out in frustration, what did he do to upset you?

"My son, what has you so...frazzled?" His mother asked, looking at him with the tilt of her head. Lucifer pursed his lips, inwardly debating whether or not to tell his mother about you living with Chloe and Maze.

"(Y/N) has been avoiding this place, it is starting to worry me." He confessed while staring at his ring.

"I've told you since we were both up in heaven: I never thought (Y/N) was a good angel for you." His head snapped to his mother, a look of confusion on his face.

"What does that mean, mother?"

"I don't know, she was always a weird one of her flock. So ditzy and not the most attractive angel out there-"

"Mother!" Lucifer snapped. "Do not talk about my wife like that." He growled and stood up, heading towards the elevator.

"Where are you going?"

"To bring my wife home." And after that statement, he left his penthouse.

You were currently sitting in between Chloe and Mazikeen, sipping on wine with angry tears in your eyes. Chloe sat close to you, her hand rubbing your back soothingly while Mazikeen sat with her arms crossed, a brooding expression on her face.

"She was there again when I sent Lucifer out to get me something." You sniffed, remembering what she said. "She said I was not worthy of her son. I'm glad Lucifer likes to go out on dates, just to get him away from the wretched woman."

"Why don't you just tell Lucifer that his mom is being rude?"

"Because that woman has manipulated him into taking her side." Maze growled, pulling out her knives. "She is a pain in the ass ever since she came back into Lucifer's life and is nothing but a two-face whore."

"I'm sure she isn't that bad-" Both you and Maze sent the blonde a look which silenced her. "Well you are a wonderful woman, (Y/N). You are worthy for Lucifer like he is worthy for you."

"Thanks Chloe, and thank you both for letting me hideout with you guys. I don't know how much longer I can be with that woman."

"It's no problem." Chloe smiled. She opened her mouth to say something but knocking at the front door interrupted her.

"I'll get it." Maze stood up and sauntered towards the door. She opened it and almost closed it immediately.

"Tell me she is here." Lucifer's distinct voice could be heard. Maze stared at him before moving out of the way, allowing him to rush in front of you. He took notice of your tear stained cheeks, causing him to place his warm hands on them, concern filled his entire body. "Darling, what's the matter?"

"..." You stayed silent hoping for Mazikeen or Chloe to chime in but they were long gone.

"Please." His voice cracked, making you feel even more upset. "Are you upset with me?"

"No, Luci." You mumble. "You didn't do anything wrong, it's just... your mom." He nodded for you to continue. "Ever since she came back, she's been a nuisance. She's said rude things to me as of late and I just can't stand to be in the same room with her." You felt as if a gigantic boulder was lifted from your chest, you felt better telling Lucifer your troubles. "I just didn't think you would believe me-"

"Oh I believe you. She said some nasty things about you before I left." Your husband pressed his forehead against yours. "I want you back home, back in my arms. I can't send my mother back to hell just yet but I will try and keep her out of our lives as much as possible."

"Thank you Luci. I just feel bad because she is your mother, I don't want to hurt your relationship more."

"You come first, darling. Besides she watched me get kicked out and she was against us bonding. You'll always be first no matter what." At this point you were breaking down crying at Lucifer's heartwarming words. "Darling why are you crying?" He asked with a laugh, his thumbs stroke away the tears.

"I'm just so lucky to have you. I am so glad to have fallen with you. I love you, Lucifer."

"I love you too." His soft lips, like so many times before, touched yours. This kiss was full of love and passion, he was telling you how much you meant to him with this simple gesture of love. When you broke away, you immediately tackle him with a hug. Without hesitation, you revealed your pearly white wings and wrap them around him, like a protective barrier around the two of you.

Nothing was going to get between you and Lucifer, he wasn't going let his mother or anyone tear you both apart. And neither are you.