Mending (Part 3)

Lucifer paced around in his penthouse worriedly.

'She should have been back by now. Why isn't she back?' He felt his chest twist with concern and worry. He was trying desperately not to freak out and do something rash if you weren't in danger. 'Maybe I am just overreacting. Maybe she is just taking her time.' He was trying to ration with himself, perhaps you were simply taking your time. The worry and concern was taken down a bit but he still felt his chest and the possibility something happened. Lucifer obviously knew angels couldn't be hurt except through one way...

And the panic rose in him again. He began pacing once more until his cell phone rang. He quickly reached for it from the bar counter and answered it.

"Lucifer! I need you to come here!" Chloe's alarmed voice said as she gave him an address. "It-It's your friend, (Y/N), she's badly hurt."

"What? How?" He kept his voice from cracking; his grip on his phone almost broke it. "What's wrong with her."

"She has deep wounds on her shoulder blades." That is all he needed to know that what he had feared came true. He hung up on the detective and rushed down to his car, hoping to get to you as soon as he could.

Lucifer slammed open the warehouse door and he quickly jogged to where you lay but like Chloe, he stopped in his place at the sight in front of him. Your wings, burned and stained into the ground. It almost made him revolt at the sight. Who would banish you from Heaven and why?

"Lucifer, get over here!" Chloe ordered which he complied. "You obviously know what to do, so what do we do?"

"Help me get her into my car and I will take care of her." He spoke in a low tone.

"I don't think that's a good-"

"I know what to do, Chloe." He tried to suppress his growl.

"L-Lucifer..." You mumble trying to push up from the ground.

"Good, good. Let's get you to my care, alright? I'll help you." Lucifer managed to get you on your feet and made you lean on him for support. You stumbled around a bit but he was able keep you steady as he guided you to his car. "Just keep going. I will be able to fix your wounds."

You and Lucifer made to his penthouse, he was now carrying you. You felt so dissociated from the shock of losing your wings you could barely walk at the moment. The former king of hell knew this feeling all too well of being banished from a place he called home and now seeing you like his made something snap in him. Along with sadness, he was feeling enraged and furious. Who would do this to you and why?

"Luci..." You murmered.

"Here, I will lay you on the bed." He slowly laid you on your stomach on his soft bed and rushed off to get a kit to help with the wounds. Of course you had regeneration but the removal of wings was something that will leave scars. Lucifer came back at the speed of lightning with a medical kit his hands.

Things were silent between you and the handsome devil; the tension level was out the roof. You could sense he was trying to keep his anger under control but you could tell he was going to start asking you who did it. And in all honestly you don't think you could say anything at the moment, you just hoped that he wouldn't bring it up in this moment. And he didn't.

" I need your shirt off to wrap bandages around your chest." He muttered and help you sit up. You peel off the shirt now covered in drying, crusting blood and casted it to the dark floor; you bra came off easier than you thought. You felt his hands gently press the large gauze pads to your shoulder pads, sticking to the ointment he applied earlier. Lucifer started wrapping the bandages, his arms went around under your arms to wrap the white bandages around your chest, making goosebumps rise on your skin. He finished the bandaging and went to his closet and brought out a random white, button up shirt for you to wear. "I am sorry to leave you unattended, love, but I need to get out for a bit." You simply nod in response and watch him leave.

A sigh escaped your chapped lips as you make your way slowly outside on balcony of the penthouse. You gazed up to the clouding sky hopelessly, wondering how Heaven is fairing at the mount. Did any of your friends notice your banishment? Was Amenadeil gloating about what he did or was he staying silent? Did you really deserve this punishment? So many of these questions swam throughout your mind, making it feel like your head was about to erupt. Your whole body felt like fire as you choked out a dry sob; no more tears seemed to fall out. Why? Why did this happen? Why did fate turn down this path? Why, why, why?

You stayed on the balcony until Lucifers return. He noticed when he first walked into him home you were staring off into the sky, something he often did himself when he was alone and upset. He unbuttoned a few of his shirt buttons before joining you. Your (eye color) eyes glance to him as he stood close to you, you saw his dark eyes began misting.

"(Y/N) my dear, please tell me what happened." He turned to you and gripped both your hands into his. "Who did this?"

"Lucifer, please." You murmured. "I-"

"Tell me." He was practically seething, trying not to lash his anger out on you. "Tell me who would cut your wings off?"

"It...It w-was-" You choked on your words. "Amenadeil."

"What?!" He yelled as he dropped your hands, making you flinch. Lucifer saw your flinch and quickly calmed himself to the best of his abilities. "I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to yell at you. Just please, tell me what happened and why."

"Well... I got the sword back just a-alright." You started, the pain was still fresh in your mind. "I went to teleport back here but I was interfered and sent to the warehouse I was found in. It was Amenadeil who took me there; it was Ammy who told me that for loving you, for having sex with you was why I was banished. H-He said banishment was-was pointless since I was still going to be with you... So....So he severed off m-my wings and...d burned them-!" You were surprised more tears fell from your eyes but telling Luci what happened too a weight off your heart and your mind. His strong arms brought you into a hug, you buried your face into his chest as you cried.

"My brother did this..." He spoke in a low tone. "My brother? The one that slept with Mazikeen kicked you from heaven and burned your wings...for loving me?" You nod into his chest. "I will rip his feathery ass into shreds when I next see him."

"Don't, Luci." You slowly draw away from his embrace. "He is an asshole and he betrayed me, but I don't want you two to have another falling out. He misses you and I don't want to ruin things between you."

"I don't care if he begins to hate me, darling. He hurt you, he did something to you that his horrible and I will never forgive him for it." Lucifer placed a kiss to your temple. "Let's get some sleep, alright?"

"Yeah." You give him a weak smile and you both go to his California King bed. He changed into just his black boxers while you slipped off the rest of your bloodied clothes. Lucifer and you slipped under the covers; he immediately pulled you close to his warm body.

"I will never let another person or angel harm you, my love. For as long as we are together, I will keep you safe."

"Thank you, Lucifer. And I will try my best to protect you as well." You let your eyelids slowly close and let the sleep wash over you.