Petals (pt 2)

A/N: Okay okay, a lot of people would like a part two so here y'all go lol
-------

Your eyelids felt extremely heavy as you slowly came to. You couldn't quite open them; only just enough to react to the little light you saw. You heard a consistent and incessant beeping to your right, making you groan in annoyance...

"(Y/N)...?" You heard your name spoken softly to your right. "Are-Are you awake?" They sounded familiar... You let your head roll to the left and opened your eyes more. You could make out a silhouette but you blurry vision thankfully cleared away as you tried your hardest to see who you was with you.

Lucifer Morningstar.

Light filtered in around him, making him seem almost angelic. How humourous.

"Lucifer..." You mumbled gaining more of your vision back. You saw his dark eyes look at you with concern as he leaned closer to you.

"I am right here darling." His voice was uncommonly gentle. "I am right here."

"What happened?"

Lucifer opened his mouth to reply but there was a knock at the door that interrupted him. A doctor came in and stood to the side opposite of Lucifer.

"Glad to see you are awake, I am Dr. Maar." He smiled and flipped through the paper on his clipboard. "I am sure you are aware of Hanahaki Disease?"

You nodded, but Lucifer spoke up "I'm not. Can you explain this disease?" Your eyes widened at the fact Lucifer will learn about the key cause of the flower growing inside you.

"Well Mr. Morningstar, it is a case of one-sided love. It causes a plant to grow thoughout the chest cavity unless cured or removed. (Y/N) here was lucky enough to get here in time when they did. The flower was at the point of killing them. And your friend Ella made sure to let the paramedics know about your wishes."

"Well there is a cure right? Or a removal processes?" Lucifer asked with a worry tone.

"Luci-" You gasped and coughed up a few petals.

"Well, theres the removal and the cure is simple: the person they love returns their feelings." Your doctor looked to his pager. "I need to leave, a nurse needs me. Please don't be hesitant to ask for help." The man smiled and promptly left the room.

It was silent in the room, a heavy silence. You weren't sure what to say now that Lucifer fully knows the extent of the sickness you have. You were sure he was going to ask who it was, you felt your heart clutch with anxiety.

"Why don't you have it removed?" Lucifer asked gently.

"Because I don't want to." Your voice was scratchy and it felt rough to speak.

"If it can save your life-"

"If I get it removed then it takes away emotions, all of them. I don't want that."

"Then confess to the person. You're a lovely human, I am sure they return your feelings."

You stayed silent.

"Please, (Y/N). I- I don't want to lose you. I don't want you to die-"

You moved your hand towards his, wrapping your fingers around his hand. You stared at him, hoping he would get what you were implying. You feel your eyes start to burn as tears filled them up.

"(Y/N)...." He simply muttered your name. The tears began to leak out of your glossy (e/c) eyes. You felt your body jerk as sobs escaped your lips. You knew he wouldn't reciprocate. You knew you would be dying alone.

Suddenly, Lucifers soft lips were pressed against yours. You cried harder into the kiss, squeezing his hand tight as you reciprocated. He placed his free hand on your jaw, using the pad of his thumb to wipe away your tears. He parted away from you slowly, his eyes slowly opening to look at you.

"Is this what you wanted to say at the police department before you collapsed?"

"... Yes." You gulped, your throat feeling better than it did moments before. "I didn't expect you to return the same sentiment to be honest. You are so close with Chloe and always talking about her I thought..."

"Because she makes me mortal dear. I am in the process of figuring it out but her presence intrigues me in a purely platonic way." He lightly squeezes your hand, his free hand was resting on your thigh. "I... I'm not good with processing and admitting my feelings, well that's what Linda says, but you are very dear to me, (Y/N). And I am sorry it took this," He then picked up the petals you coughed up earlier, "this flower to make me fully realize that I love you."

"I love you too." You pulled him close, he enveloped you into a warm, safe hug. You felt your body began to slowly heal itself. Your once raw throat started to feel soothed, the thorns poking at your organs and muscles seemed to slowly draw back. The plant was dying, and your love was returned...

-----

Seeing that Lucifer reciprocated you feelings, the deadly plant started to wither. You weren't going to be 100% back to normal but you were healing, and you had Lucifer Mornigstar by your side. The hospital released you that afternoon after seeing the improvements to your health. Lucifer insisted he take you home and insisted he stay with you for awhile; not that you didn't mind.

He had yours and his arms linked as you made your way to your apartment,  worried that you would suddenly collapse again. You reached your door and you were about to unlock it but Luci somehow had your keys in his hand

"I can walk fine you know." You rolled your eyes with a smile.

"I know but just in case. It also gives me an excuse to keep you close." He smirked devishly, unlocking your door.You both walked in, although he stayed at the now closed door.  You watched as he scanned your apartment, taking in every detail he could.

"It isn't a penthouse about an infamous nightclub, I know but-"

"It feels like you. I like it." He approached you slowly, placing his hands on your waist. "You are amazing and don't think for a second you aren't."

"You are too, Lucifer. I love you so much that it grew a stupid plant inside me. You are so much more than what your Father tried to define you as."

He then smiled, a smile of pure relief and happiness. He leaned forward and gave you a purely loving kiss, one that he or you would ever forget.