Too Many Run In's

You walked down the dirty streets of L.A., keeping your bag relatively close to your body and not really pay attention to where you were going. You didn't really like being in this part of the city but in order to get work, you have to walk this path both day and night. You would go to work in your car but it was broken and the asshole who was fixing kept upping the price while keeping your car in the workshop.

In the midst of your jumbled thoughts, you ran into something, actually someone, hard, falling right onto your bum. You let out a small moan of an apology to whomever your walked into.

"It's quite alright dear. Now let's get you off the dirty ground." A posh, accented voice spoke. You glance at the man who held out his. You couldn't lie, he was drop dead gorgeous. He hand dark, slick back brown hair, a pair of mischievous brown eyes, and a devilish smirk plastered on his face. You hesitantly as he easily pulled up me up from the grimey sidewalk. He went to speak again but you quickly cut him off.

"Thank you once more sir." You unknowingly gave a cute, innocent smile to the tall stranger. "I need to get to work so excuse me." You began walking away from the nicely dressed man, leaving him a bit stunned.

Lucifer watched as you quickly walked away with his mouth slightly agape. Rarely any woman could resist his charm and would usually throw themselves at him one way or another. The fallen angel then had his signature smirk once more on his face thinking one thing about you; interesting. He let his stare on your distancing form stay for a few more seconds before continuing off into the direction he was originally going.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

You gave a tired sigh as you left your workplace and made the trek back to your home, but this time you felt more scared than ever. You boss needed you to stay late so now, instead of leaving when the sun starts to fall, you left when it was most dangerous. The night always brought out the worst kinds of people, from druggies to robbers; the streets did not feel safe.

As you continue down the path to your home, you felt like you were being followed. You take a quick glance behind your left shoulder and your eyes widen; you were definitely being followed. You felt your pulse begin to skyrocket as the group of men seem to walk after you in a distance. You trembled slightly but kept moving forward, hoping that the men would give up. You look back over your shoulder once more, only to run into a hard, familiar body.

"We've got to stop meeting like this dear." The familiar voice of the man from the run in this morning. His eyes were glued to your scared face while one of his hands that was on your shoulders felt the tremble of your body. "What has gotten you frightened?" He asked with slight concern.

"Uhm..." You take in a breath of cold air. "There is a group of men following me." He offered a charming smile before he wrapped one of his arms around your shoulders, pulling you into his toned chest; his cologne was quiet strong. You then felt a rather scary aura surround the two of you and as quick as it appeared, it disappeared.

"There the men are gone." You pulled yourself from the stranger and saw that the men were indeed gone.

"Thank you again..."

"Lucifer." Lucifer smiled at your confused face.

"Lucifer... as the one sent to hell?"

"Exactly."

"Well...Okay. Not the worst I've heard from a stranger on the streets." You gave an airy chuckle and saw him tilt his head to the right. "Some man came up to me insisting he was Elvis reincarnated and wanted me to give him money to relive his past life." The handsome, supposed devil, Lucifer snorted.

"Humans, you guys are funny creatures."

"You really playing into this whole Lucifer bit, aren't you?"

"Seeing as I am Lucifer, yes." He gave you a cocky, crooked grin. "Now, will you allow me the pleasures of walking you home."

"I hardly know you."

"You've got a good point but seeing that you've ran into me twice and I have practically helped you twice, we are pretty much on best friend level." If it wasn't for his light tone you probably would of ran off.

"Why the hell not then. You seem like a nice gentleman, almost angel like." You gave him a playful smirk at the little joke.

"Making fun of me now are we? That is plain rude." He faked being offended before offering his arm to you. "Now let's get you home..."

"My name is (Y/N)." You accepted his arm. You and Lucifer walked to your home while carrying out a pleasant conversation. A conversation of him proving that he was indeed the supposed scary, dark Lucifer from the bible. You were slightly shocked that this flirty, charming man was the condemned angel.

The night ended woefully once the pair of you reached your home. You both walked up to your door and removed your arm from his to unlock door before turning around to face him once more.

"Hey Luci." He gave you an annoyed look but it was turned into a smile. "I've got a secret for you. Come in close."

"What is it, dear?" Lucifer did lean in and waited patiently leaned in to hear your secret. Instead of whispering a secret into his hear you gave him a light peck on his cheek before entering your home.

"I hope to run into you some other day." You gave him one last cute smile before closing the door, leaving Lucifer slightly flustered. His hand was covering the place where kissed, which made him smile.

"Me? The great Lucifer flustered by a human?" He mumbled with goofy grin before walking away. "Wonderful."