Taking the Pain

Come join us on a case Lucifer said.

It would be fun he said.

Well he was very wrong.

Currently Lucifer, Chloe, Dan and you were walking around a large warehouse for the criminal on the run. Luckily there are cops blocking all the exists so all the four of you have to do is catch him. Even with this simple task you werre still scared out your mind in this creepy place with an arm man lurking about. At least you felt some what safe with two cops and Lucifer.

"I think it might be best if we split up into pairs." Chloe said, Dan nodded in agreement. You gulped rather loudly and shuffled to the person closest to you; Lucifer. "Dan and I will take the right. You two can handle the other side, right?"

"I am very sure we can." The handsome devil of the man (quiete literally) smirked and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pulling you into his side. Your face flushed a light pink and you were just glad Luci was too busy smirking at Dan and Chloe. You're not going to lie about the obvious; you had a hug crush on the fallen angel

Your feelings developed rather slow. At first, he mostly annoyed the shit out of you but after spending some time alone with him and having an actual conversation with him; you felt a connection with him. And that connection grew more and more.

"Well good. And remember he is susposedly armed." Dan said with a sight roll of the eyes, snapping you from your thoughts. "C'mon Chloe." The duo quickly went off towards the right while Lucifer and you headed to the left.

Things were silent between you and Luci as you two walked around cautiously. A little too silent for your liking, especially because of how creepy the warehouse seemed and with the dangerous guy crawling around in here.

"Pushing the fact there is a possible maniac runnining around in this warehouse..." Lucifers began. "At least we get to spend time alone together."

"W-What?" You stutter. You wanted to smack your hand against your head for stuttering.

"I said-"

"I heard what you said, Luci. I just had to do a double take is all." Your face heated up once again.

"Really now?" He suddenly turned to face you with his signature smirk plastered on his handsome face. "If I'm not mistaken; are you blushing?" You blushed even more trying to hide your flustered face away from him to stop anymore embarrassment.

"S-Stop teasing me!" You mumbled.

"I'm not, I'm not. I just think it is adorable." You freeze and slowly turn your head to face him. Did he just say you looked adorable?

"You think I am adorable?" You were almost scared to ask him.

"Of course dear. I mean, I always have since we first met." Lucifer shrugged his shoulders casually and moved himself closer in front of you. You had to tilt your head back a bit since the devil is pretty tall compared to yourself. "I wanted to ask you something, (Y/N)." For the first time, you witnessed hesitation come from him. The man who is bold and flirty, has become hesitant and... a bit shy?

"What is it Lucifer?"

"Well, after we get-" He was cut off by the sound of a gun being cocked. Lucifer quickly turned around and kept in front of you as tension started to build around you both. Carefully, you peaked your head out from Luci's side and saw the guy you were supposed to capture, aiming a gun straight at the former king of Hell.

"Now Timothy, put the gun down." Lucifer said slowly.

"N-No!" The man shouted, his hands slightly trembled. "It wasn't my fault! I didn't mean to kill that man!"