Chapter Sixteen

I walked outside, in the sunlight just touching my skin as the breeze sent chill bumps up my arms. I walked farther out to see Marcus waiting for me.

As I walked over there he turned his head to see me as a smile crept up his face.

"Good morning, Potter,"He said as he grabbed a huge trunk, "happy Halloween. Are you ready to practice?"

I nodded my head. I grabbed a part of the trunk as he chuckled.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I let go of the trunk.

"Picking it up, I can carry it as well," I said putting my hands on my hips.

"No need," He said grabbing it and walking farther outside. I smiled as we walked closer to the field. I noticed some of the leave started turning colors. Pretty fall colors were around us as he sat down the trunk.

The wind blew as I was fixing to sit down in the green grass making my hair fly back and whipping me in the face.

"So," Marcus said as he started opening the trunk," We have 7 spots in quiddich, three chasers, two beaters,a keeper and a seeker," He said as he looked at me.

"I'm a Chaser, but you you have the most important role, the seeker,"He said smiling I got up. I stood to my feet as he did as well.

"These are the three Quidditch balls the Quaffle, two Bludgers, and my very favorite the golden snitch." He picked up a red ball and tossed it to me.

"This is the Quaffel," He said.

I tossed it back to him, right in his chest.

"Oww!" He moaned and looked at me, "strong 11 year old aren't you?"

A smirk landed on his face. I looked down at the trunk. He examined all the balls thinking of what to say next.

"What's that?"I asked looking at a blackish ball trying to get lose. Marcus face turned to me and shot me a worried look.

"You might wanna stand back," He said as he walked to the trunk. I backed up as he handed me a bat.

He crouched down and snapped the lock holding the ball. The ball shot up in the air right over my head, I hit it as it flew in the forbidden forest. I could hear the swing hit hard as it whistled over the forest.

"Nice, now where'd it go?" He asked as the thing came hurdling back. It hit Marcus in the gut, he struggled his best to get the ball in the case. Once he finally put it in its lock. I let out a short laugh as he stumbled around.

"You ok?"I asked as he got to his feet.

"Yeah, I'm good,"He said smiling at me. I looked at the case again.

"Where's the last ball?" I asked sitting on the ground again.

He smirked at me. "Here it is," He said as he bent down and opened a little badge.

"Here is the best one of all the golden snitch,"he said grabbing a golden ball.

"I like this one, it's shinny." I said smiling as I grabbed the ball. I looked as it opened, it had wings that came out of the side, it marvelously flew above my hand as I examined it. It was beautiful. I held it in my palm.

"Good, this is the one that you keep up with, you catch this, we win," He said closing it in my hand.

He looked in my eyes, their greyness looking down at me.

"I expect you at practices now, every Thursday night up until the games. You are the youngest one on the team, so don't worry if a few of the guys looked down at you.