Chapter Thirty

I sat in the common room and watched as the rest of my classmates passed by. We didn't win the house cup. This year and I could see everyone hating it. Our Quidditch team wasn't as amazing as Marcus Flint would have hoped, however, I did manage to get my house a few extra points for "wit beyond measure" as Dumbledore put it in his speech. He gave Gryffindor a lot of points making them above Slytherin. Nobody was mad at me for not getting more points, just that my brother got all of the points. Like I had anything to do with that. Neville got the most anyways.

There I sat in the common room, basically, by now I had nothing to worry about. Parkinson was no longer messing with me or Joy since Joy is innocent, and well I'm no longer with Draco. She also had a bit of a suspension. Which was great for me, too bad she's back now. The school year was almost over so I wouldn't have to deal with her for a summer, then I would come back to see her again. Also Draco. I didn't want to see either one. With everything that happened this year, I didn't even wish to see Sydney anymore.

Geronimo was sitting on the other side of the couch chewing on a toy that Fred had got her from Hogsmead. He loved Geronimo about as much as I did, of not more. I could hear her softly purr as she cuddled up to her toy. Fred was so sweet. I lied back to feel complete satisfaction. I was so very happy where I was, nothing could change that. I grinned.

Everything was perfect. School was about to be over, and I would be stuck with Harry and our uncle and aunt. I was ready for it but not at the same time. I grabbed Geronimo's toy and held it close to me.

She barked at me to give it back. I laughed and made her chase me around as I could hear some students run their way to the common room.

"Fight!" I heard a scream as everyone rushed down listening to Geronimo screams. I threw her toy across the room as she squealed and ran over to get it. I looked up to see a lot of Slytherins standing around looking for a fight but to their dismay, it was just Geronimo and me.

"What happened?" I heard someone scream.

"Where's the fight?"

"Who won?"

I looked to Geronimo who was now walking to my side with her toy in her mouth. She shook the toy as everyone groaned.

"It's just Potter with her dog!" Someone exclaimed.

"She's not a dog!" I said loudly, "she's a fennec fox, very intelligent as well-"

"Not like you!"

I looked to the floor as everyone went back to their rooms.

Joy and Kris came up to me and let out a short laugh. Kris opened her mouth to talk and thought of something to say.

"Everyone thought someone was fighting-"

"And so did you two, why would you both be down here if not?"

"We just weren't sure," Joy said, "honestly we were scared you were hurt. We know how busy you have been and-- well Parkinson's laid off for a while, but we worried."

"Thank you," I said slightly smiling, "thank you a lot."

"How's Malfoy?" Kris asked as we sat on the couch.

"I don't know actually, I told him I had enough and we don't talk now."

"That breakup must have been harsh," Joy said as I shrugged, "with him cheating on you and all."

"Yeah, the worst part is that he acted like it didn't even happen. I feel useless for not even knowing he was picking on Hermione behind my back and she wouldn't dare tell me cause she thought I was happy with him! I'm not happy with him, I'm happy with-"