Chapter Eight

"Nova! Nova? Wake up!" Someone yelled as I felt a pillow hit my face. I could tell it was Joy.

I groaned and rolled over.

"No!" I screamed,"I like my sleep!"

"Come on!" I herd someone else yell. That was Sydney. "We'll leave you here if you don't get up now!"

I sat up from my bed, "I don't care, go I'll get up when I need to get up," I screamed as I lied my head down.

"We have an hour till first classes, which means you'll have to get ready in 10 minutes for us to go downstairs and get food then go to our first lesson. Do you wish to move now?" Kris said as I jumped up and ran to grab some clothes.

"Not those, your uniform," said Kris as I huffed out a big breath of air.

"How do we even know we have first class?" I asked.

"All first years do, get us out of the way," Kris said.

"And we all know you're trying to impress Malfoy and whatever but don't break the rules while you're at it," Sydney said as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! Leave him out of this!" I mumbled.

"Why? Does Potter have a crush? Malfoy likes you anyways, no reason to cover it up. Shouldn't be long before he tries to stick his tongue down your throat!"

"Gross!" I screamed as they all giggled. Appalled I quickly got dressed in my uniform and robe. It wasn't even flattering to the blind eye. I pulled my hair into a soft braid as Joy sat next to me.

I wondered what Draco would look like today, I tried to make myself look presentable. Draco was sweet but still different. I thought about the train when his dad called me a muggle-born. I don't even know what I was, I knew a half-blood at least what ever I was since both my parents were wizards. That's how it works right? I tried to think of how he tries to be sweet but it's just awkward, like he's trying to hard.

I thought he was cute, and I knew for certain he thought I was as well, but I don't know. It was just weird to think of someone liking me. Typical right? Girl who never feels like shes good enough but the best guy at the school likes her. Breaking all the stereotypes.

"You're dressing up for him, aren't you?"

"No," I said as I blushed, I hid my face. I didn't like him, or so I believed. I shouldn't. I just met the boy. Shouldn't be dressing for him, rather then just myself. I thought he was cute, but it was too close to call.

Just Friends

Just Friends

Just Friends who like each other.

No Nova. Draco Malfoy is just your friend nothing more, nothing less.

"I see you blushing!" Sydney laughed. "You got the Malfoy fever!"

They all giggled as I hid my face in my pillow once more and only wanted out of this. They were joking, but I let it get to me a little too much. I just cannot care about him, he's a boy. I am a girl. We go to the same school, a school my parents would be ashamed that I got in the house I did.

All Gryffindor's despised Slytherins, or it was as it seemed. I put on my shoes as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"You look good," Joy said as I smiled.