Chapter Twelve

It had been several weeks since Draco and I had that heart to heart conversation. It was now October and it was now getting cold in the castle. I got up and got dressed in my robes. I got up an hour before I was supposed to so I was the only one awake. I walked down to the common room and sat in front of the fireplace. I looked at the burnt wood and thought of the recent information that Hagrid had told me. I always thought of this when I had time. My God-Father was scared? Why was he scared?

If anything I should be the scared one because I grew up in a household that didn't show me magic but had it. I should be the scared one for not knowing how my parents actually died and there may be someone out there still trying to kill me! I should be the scared one. Not him! I had realized I had been crying after minutes of sniffling and a wet face.

I heard someone start to walk down the corridor to the common room as I quickly dried my face. Sydney, Joy, and Kris came downstairs. I didn't dare tell them about the girl in the bathroom and what she had told me to do. I didn't even tell Draco, but I should've. When It was time for class I went alone. I didn't want Joy to think anything was wrong and ruin her always happy mood.

I didn't even dare tell Harry about my godfather. I didn't even tell him about Draco, why would I tell him about a godfather. I rolled my eyes. I didn't know if I was sad about this or just so angry I cried. Frustrated, angry, alone. Walking to class I caught myself thinking about it once more and felt a tear strand out of my eye. I whipped it off. I don't even think anybody noticed though. Good thing too. I hate when people ask me what's wrong, I hate attention. I was almost to class when I heard someone say my name and Harry's.

"Yes, I know it's quite amazing that Nova and Harry Potter both got seekers for their home teams," Sir 'headless' Nick said passing me.

I don't really care at all about Quiddich right now. It wasn't time for me to hear that. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around to see Draco.

"Hey," I said trying to run away from him to walk to class, he walked beside me and tried his best to keep up to my pace.

"How are you today?" He said running after me.

"Better," I let off a short laugh. He looked to me and grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Why are you walking so fast?" He asked as I shrugged. I knew exactly why I was. I was trying to get away from her. I wasn't afraid, but I wasn't ready for her to make an appearance. Draco wouldn't understand.

I really cared for Draco and I wasn't going to give him up just because some girl thinks I should. No, he's my boyfriend and I'm not going to give up on him.

That's when I heard her. Her laugh. I looked back toward the laughter as she pushed someone down. That someone who Draco tried to warn me about. Draco tended his grip on my arm.

"D-Draco, please," I begged looking at Joy get kicked in the stomach.

"I-I have to-"

"You could get expelled," he said," if you fight you could get expelled."

"Then I won't fight!" I screamed as I ran over and pushed them all away. Joy lied there crying her face was turning purple. Her robes had blood stains on them. I shook my head at the group then to the girl.

"Are you doing this to spite me? A girl who is always happy, does no wrong!" I screamed.

She rolled her eyes.

"Answer me, pug-face!" I screamed as she widened her eyes to me.

"What did you just call me?" She asked. I thought of the first thing that came in to my head. I had heard Harry refer to her as that a lot, but I didn't care to remember her actual name.