Chapter One

It was a day just like the rest, I woke up in my humble abode. My room was nothing short of a closet but it had a bed, a bed frame. I had a window to look out upon the little town we lived in. I examined the bright lights shinning threw the window as I gazed from my bed. It was frigid outside of my wool blanket. When I decided it was time to get out of bed I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I scratched my head as I got up. I walked to my closet and put on a jumper and gathered my red hair up in a scrunchy.

My grey Jim jams were covered in little owls that ranged from the colors pink, grey, orange, and yellow.

"Potter! Wake up!" Emily screamed as she almost broke my door down. I nearly fell it was so sudden. When I gained my composure I slipped on a ring that had once belonged to my mother. I looked at it before opening my door and heading out of the room.

"You look-- gross!" she said laughing at me and patted my head. I ignored her and walked downstairs to make my breakfast.

Emily's blonde hair was full of volume and looked as though she still didn't leave the 80s behind. She had been trying on her mothers makeup due to the fact her face ranged from many different shades of red, to purple, orange, and even green. Her bright yellow shirt blinded me as I made my way down the stairs.

"Hey! I was talking to you," she said, "daddy says it's not polite to not talk when your asked too."

I had almost made it downstairs when she shoved me into the wall in front of me. I fell forward down the stairs and raised my arms to help the impact. There was a pain in my side and arm. I sat up at the end of the stairs and gripped my arm as she fake tripped over me and let out a shriek.

"You brat! Watch where you're going!" she screamed and ran off. Mary walked down the stairs to see me on the floor.

"Nova!" She called," what are you doing down there?"

"I-I fell," I mumbled.

"Well, get up," She said as I nodded. I gripped my head and got up. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a yogurt out of the fridge and sat down. Once I was done, it was time to do my chores I found. I didn't care much for them, but it gave me a chance to stay away from Emily.

Around noon the family decided to take their afternoon trip to a mall. I was done with my chores. I was already to tired to do anything. They wouldn't want to take me, I mean they took care of me, they didn't do anything bad to me. They gave me a room to myself, they gave me clothes that fit. I wasn't anything compared to Emily. I don't know why I lived here, I wasn't related to this family. I wasn't adopted. I was just here.

"Nova-" Mary cleared her theist,"John and I are taking Emily to the mall."

She walked into my room to look at me. I glanced up and nodded. I looked back at my pen and paper. I went back to my drawing as she sighed.

I didn't much care to be outside, I liked being by myself and drawing. Nobody could bother me. I couldn't hurt anyone.

"You can come, too. If you want," She said softly.  "Actually, I'd rather you come with us."

"Are you sure?" I asked as she laughed.

"Of course."

"But what if-"

"That was an accident. You didn't touch the ladder, it fell-"

"Miss, I know what I saw, it was like magic."

"Funny, I thought it just kind of tilted when John walked past it," she chuckled. "Anyways, it's not your fault the paint fell from the ladder due to gravity." She rolled her eyes and made her way downstairs.