Chapter One

The sound of dirt being shoveled up echoed throughout the entire floor. Other than the small ponds flowing water, everything was completely quiet and still. The sweet grave-keeper let out a sigh, dropping his shovel and proudly sticking his nose in the air. "Another grave completed, aha!" he gushed, twirling around happily. "Hehe, alrighty! It's time to put the corpse inside~!"

The boy then marched towards the corpse that was laid out on the ground, his burlap mask bouncing up and down. The body was covered in bullet holes, coming from B3; Cathy's floor. Even thinking about her terrible laughter or her cruel eyes made him shiver. He hated that woman and everything about her.

Picking up the corpse wasn't easy, but he managed to pick it up and lay it into the hole that he had just dug. After laying the corpse to rest, he began to bury him, smiling softly. "What a terrible way to die. Luckily, I'm the one to bury him! Me! If I bury him, he's sure to be happy!" he giggled, his eyes glowing with joy.

Suddenly, the sound of the elevator door opening destroyed the serenity that was held by silence. Eddie sighed, approaching the elevator to see who entered his floor. It wasn't game-time, so he was wondering who was there. When he saw Doctor Danny with a stack of papers for him, a smile spread across the boy's face. "Hey, Danny!" Eddie bubbled, rushing towards the older man excitedly.

"Eddie," he announced, handing him the papers. "here's the resumes for the next sacrifices."

"Ah! Thank you, Danny!" he sang, looking through the resumes briefly while smiling. The adult wiped off some dirt that was on Eddie's burlap mask, sighing.

"You're doing very good work, Eddie. Could I see your latest grave?" he asks, causing the grave-keeper to grow even happier.

"Of course! Come on, I'll show you!" Eddie cheered, grabbing onto Danny's cold and icy hand and leading him towards the grave he had just finished. "Isn't it pretty? Do you like it?"

"Oh," Danny approached the gravestone, giving it a good look over before turning back to Eddie. "It's made very nicely!"

"Hehe, thank you, Danny!" Eddie giggled, nervously playing with his scarf. He was flustered over the compliment, but it felt amazing.

"How in the world are you even able to make graves like that? You're so young..." Danny mumbled, gazing into Eddie's green eyes from beneath his mask. Those eyes were filled with much cheer and happiness, but without serenity. Eddie wasn't in peace for some reason. Danny could tell from looking into those eyes of his. As Eddie explained how to make a grave, Danny's attention was fixated on his emeralds.

"And that's exactly how you make a grave! Pretty simple, right?" Eddie sang his little heart out with pride.

"...Yeah, that's very good, Eddie."

"Hehe, you really think so?" he spun around happily as he spoke. Danny nodded before grabbing his face and looking dead into those beautiful green eyes. Eddie froze, wondering why he was doing this. "U-Uh...Doctor—?"

"Your eyes," Danny whispers, causing Eddie to take a step back. "They're filled with such beauty."

"Uhhh...thanks...?" the masked-boy now had his back up against the wall, staring nervously at the doctor who was gazing into his eyes non-stop.

After a few more seconds, Danny finally breaks eye contact and began to leave. Eddie's eyes were now filled with fear, causing the beauty to become too distant. "Take care of those lovely peepers, Eddie." the doctor cooed. Eddie felt relived as he heard the elevator doors shut and leave the floor, letting out a sigh.

"How in the world are you even able to make graves like that? You're so young..." Eddie's face was extremely hot, almost like he was embarrassed. Although, he knew it was because he was so proud of all the work he did. He just couldn't stop smiling.