Chapter Thirteen

(Y/n) bit down on her thumb harshly, staring at the computer screen with her legs tucked tightly into her chest. She was feeling many emotions at once, but the one that overpowered them all was worry. She was terrified for Eddie's safety; Even saying that was an understatement. All she could do is sit and watch as Toby began to get closer and closer to where Eddie was. (Y/n) had hoped that Eddie would have come back so that she could check up on him first, but he was already in position for his next interaction with the sacrifice.

"Toby showed some weakness when Eddie was talking about his mother, but..." She remembered when he was reading the resumes and his expression as he looked at one in particular. His brown eyes were hollow and a wicked smile had crept upon his lips, almost like in a horror movie. "...I have a feeling he got an idea..."

Suddenly, the pit in her stomach grew. She had a vivid conclusion in her head from what she had read on his resume.

"Tobias kills young boys he finds cute to please his mother up in heaven. He tends to kill them with acid to ruin their beauty on Earth, preserving it into the afterlife."

"He couldn't of taken interest in Eddie, right?" She mumurs to herself with dread. "No, he doesn't know that he's good-looking underneath his mask...he wouldn't kill random boys, they have to be cute to him. So...since he doesn't know what Eddie looks like, he won't try anything. Unless...he saw...Eddie's resume." The words that fell from her own mouth felt like one million pounds on her chest. "Eddie...no, Eddie has to stop! If he wants to kill Eddie, all he has to do...!"

    *~~*~~*~~*~~*

Toby looks around calmly with the flashlight he had found, trying to catch a glimpse of Eddie. He didn't call out for him or make much noise, silently plotting his next moves. That was until he had met a dead end after crossing a small bridge with streams of flowing water on each side. He heard Eddie jump down from a pipe behind him, turning around and looking dead at the masked boy, who had no idea what Toby had in mind for him.

"We meet again, Toby!" He gushed, hopping up and down.

Toby nods, dropping the flashlight on the ground and smiles at him. "Yeah, we do."

Eddie found this a bit strange, but nonetheless, continued to keep his composure. "So, was I right? Do you wanna die after reading your resume? You remember right? What happened to your mom and dad, why you were put in the hospital...you remember now, right?" The black-haired boy didn't answer at first. Eddie giggled sweetly, taking a few steps closer to him, thinking he had given up. "It's okay, Toby. It must be hard to know-!"

"Stop mocking me."

Eddie's eyes widen like saucers as he heard that phrase. He hadn't heard that in a long time, unless you count his nightmares. The young boy had no words, now taking one step back. "Wh-What...?"

Toby straightened his posture. "Stop mocking me, Eddie. You always mock me."

"H-Huh...?"

"SHUT UP ALREADY! SHUT UP!" Eddie flinched before visibly trembling at the tone of Toby's voice. It was working. Toby had read about Eddie's elder brother, Albert, on his resume and how he would abuse poor Eddie all the time. His most common phrase was the one he was using now, knowing that Eddie would be thrown off by this.

"A-Ahhh..."

Toby grabbed Eddie's red scarf, yanking it and choking him, then tearing off his mask. His brown eyes locked onto the horrified ginger, seeing that his features matched exactly with the ones on the resume. Even though he wanted to smile, Toby kept a straight face and slammed the boy against the stone wall behind him. Eddie let out a soft cry before dropping on his knees and coughing from being choked. Now that he was on the ground, Toby remembered the exact way the resume described his abuse.