Chapter Nine

Eddie steps out of the elevator onto B3, feeling a chill run up his spine. It was always so quiet on this floor when there weren't sacrifices screaming. From below, Eddie could hear all their cries for help, and quite frankly, he always felt the need to go and help them. Especially if they were someone like (Y/n).

Eddie's thoughts were interrupted by the loud speaker screeching again. He lifted his head up towards the computer screen in front of the iron gate, knowing Cathy would talk to him through there. "What do you want this time?"

"Ahaha~! So, you made it! I thought you would be too busy with your girlfriend to pay any mind to me~!" Cathy snickered, flicking her hair back behind her ear.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Aww, but you slept with her~!"

Eddie's face heated up as soon as she said that, throwing his hands up like he was on gun point. "W-WAIT, PLEASE DON'T TELL GRAY! Uhhhh...! (Y/n) was really scared...so I didn't want her to keep having nightmares! A-And it doesn't matter anyway! I used to do that with my little brother all the time!" Eddie now grew defensive, pointing at the screen repeatedly as he spoke.

"I won't tell if you do this favor for me~!"The young woman let out a sadistic laughter, knowing that Eddie now couldn't refuse her offer.

"What is it this time?" Eddie huffed, folding his arms up close to his chest with a pout.

Cathy spun around in her chair childishly, continually giggling like a little girl. "Welllll, I might need you to go down on Danny's floor and give him this note for me~!" Cathy turns on the spotlights, which shined on an envelope on the ground. "Don't ask why or what's in it, just do it."

"A love letter~?" Eddie giggled mischievously. He picked the envelope up, looking it over before putting it in his front pocket.

"I JUST SAID DON'T ASK."

"Okay, okay, sorry..."

Eddie then enters the elevator, pressing the buttons to go back down. Before the doors shut all the way, Cathy hollers out one last thing. "Don't take too long or I'll snitch on your little ass."

Eddie gulped, knowing what that would mean; Gray's endless lecturing. Now determined to deliver this message and keep his secret, Eddie clenched his hands into fists and smiled. "I'll definitely get this done! After all, I don't want Cathy to twist up the story and tell Gray..." Eddie shuddered at the thought.

The elevator stopped on B4 once again, where (Y/n) sat in the garden, looking at flowers and awaiting Eddie's return. With a smile on his face, he ran up behind her and gave her a hug. "Hey, (Y/n)!"

"A-Ah! Eddie! You're back!" (Y/n) turned to the masked boy, sweeping her eyes across him. "Did she hurt you? You're okay, right?"

"Yeah! No biggie! I just have to deliver this note to Danny! I think it might be a love letter, but she yelled at me when I asked, haha!" Eddie grabbed the envelope from his chest pocket, showing her. "She wrote his name all fancy on the back of it. I bet it's talking about how much she loves him~! Like a beloved!"

(Y/n) giggled a little. "You really like talking about love, huh?"

Eddie blushed heavily, wiggling cutely as he spoke. "W-Well, having a beloved is really nice! Especially when they love you very much and you love them very much...a-a mutual love...! It's really sweet!"

"You must have experience then, huh? With love I mean."

Eddie sighs heavily and looks at the ground almost shamefully. "...No, never."

"Wait, what? You're really-!" (Y/n) stopped mid-sentence, knowing that it would sound weird if she said that. "You're really so sweet..."

Eddie shrugged, fidgeting with his scarf. "No one has ever had a crush on me before. I've had lots of crushes! But they're not...here anymore."