☽ End ☽

"An eternal sleep...?"

(Y/n)'s heart grew heavy once she heard those words. She stands up from treating Zack's wound, facing the sound of Eddie's voice. "You would put them to sleep...forever?"

"Yeah, of course I would!" The ginger gushed with a devious grin across his face. "Even better, I'll let you do it if you really want! I know that you love putting people to sleep!"

"NO!" Rachel screeches, squirming from underneath Eddie's foot. He steps on her harder, causing her voice to waver. "N-NO! YOU CAN'T KILL ME! N-NOT LIKE THIS! NOT LIKE THIS! IT HAS TO BE ZACK! WE HAVE TO GET OUT! HE SWORE TO GOD!"

Zack grips his stomach, spitting out some blood. "D-Don't make me a fuckin' liar, you bitch...d-don't you d-dare take it...! Eddie, what the h-hell are you yappin' about...?! Didn't you say...we would get out together...?"

"I did." Eddie confirms. His smile was unmoving as he did so. "But I know we run the risk of being caught with more than two. We're all wanted, Zack. Rachel and (Y/n) came from a mental hospital, you're a ruthless serial killer, and I've been missing for two years. If we all escape, we have a higher chance of being caught. If it's only (Y/n) and I... we'll have a lesser chance. I want (Y/n) to be happy. I want her to choose what makes her happy. And I know...what makes her truly happy." (Y/n) pauses for a moment, trying to take in what he had just said. Zack tries to sit up only to have Eddie shoot only inches from his face. "Zack, I'm sorry. I want (Y/n) to be happy. I need her to be happy. And if that means I have to kill you, I will."

"So, you lied...!" Zack hissed, glaring at the boy with so much hatred every other emotion had faded.

Eddie ignores him entirely. With both Rachel and Zack struggling, he knew he needed an answer. "(Y/n), choose."

She stays quiet.

"Just tell me what you want! Please, tell me! Hurry up and tell me!"

No reply.

"Aaah, I'm getting impatient!"

The blonde girl once again struggles away from Eddie's boot on her back, grabbing the floorboard and attempting to pull herself away. "(Y/n), don't let him k-kill me! I can't die this way! Not yet! Y-You have to tell him to stop!"

(Y/n) shakes her head, gripping onto her shirt tightly. Opening her mouth, only a few words slipped from her lips.

"Give me the gun."

Zack gapes at (Y/n) in horror, realizing (Y/n)'s true intentions. He tries to snatch her ankle only for Eddie to move his beloved out of the way swiftly, having her stand in front of Rachel. "Here you go, my love." The ginger then handed (Y/n) the gun with an adoring smile, almost encouraging her to pull the trigger. Although, (Y/n) couldn't see the encouragement, she had already made up her mind anyhow.

"Eddie."

The tone in her voice was something Eddie had never heard before. It was abnormal to hear such a serious and intimidating tone from his beloved, although it was quite intriguing to him. She lowers the scarf around her head, revealing the stitched up eye socket that Rachel had carefully done for her. Her other eye stared dead at him without any sort of comforting sign. He hated these cold eyes; They were similar to the ones Albert had. Unfeeling and unsympathetic. Eddie instantly felt a click of realization.

He steps off of the girl, who rushes to Zack's side almost immediately. Eddie's eyes weren't fixated on her though, still locked in (Y/n)'s unnerving gaze. "I'm sorry...please don't be m-mad at me..." Eddie's voice wavered as if he was on the brink of tears. This shocked both Rachel and Zack, considering how confident he was just a moment ago. "I-I...I...I don't want you to be mad at me! Please...I'll do anything, don't be mad at me! Don't...!"